Ford 3910 PTO help

/ Ford 3910 PTO help #1  
Tractor
Ford 3910
Hello,

I have a FORD 3910 and have a problem with the PTO problem that need to solve.

- The PTO does not stop completely and is always turning, I know that there´s a break that needs to be changed, but I don´t find where it´s located.
2021-11-02_09h56_55.png

Thanks you all for your attention,
Best regards,
Carlos Oliveira🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹

/ Ford 3910 PTO help #2  
The brake pawl pushes against the clutch drum. You will need to split the tractor between the transmission and rear axle center section to replace it.

/ Ford 3910 PTO help
Hello,

Thanks for you help :)

I was expecting that it would be easier :)

Best regards,
Carlos

/ Ford 3910 PTO help #4  
Hello,

Thanks for you help :)

I was expecting that it would be easier :)

Best regards,
Carlos
Splitting is not all that difficult. Find someone capable that's done it for guidance or find a small local garage that has done it. Not that expensive with them and no learning curve for you.

Last edited:
   / Ford 3910 PTO help #5  
When it still spins can you grab it to stop it? If so I wouldn't worry about it until it stops spinning completely as long as it runs well when you want it to.
I had a 3910 that did it for all 15 years I owned it, it would usually stop when I'd hook my bushhog on and always had ample pto power when I wanted it to run.

/ Ford 3910 PTO help
In the beginning I was able to stop it by hand, but now it´s more difficult.
When I hook the bushhog, the chains below start to rotate without turnning the PTO on on the lever.

/ Ford 3910 PTO help #7  
I personally think one should never grab the pto shaft after tractor is turned off and pto is still spinning and more so when the tractor is on with pto off. I perhaps use a long 2x4 and touch the pto from the side if I want to experiment. I hook implement on with tractor off always, many folks lost their arms doing so.