Ford 3910 questions

/ Ford 3910 questions #1  

Jason280

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330
I looked at a 3910 yesterday, with the plans on picking it up next week. First thing I noticed, the tires are set a lot wider than I'm used to...roughly 89" in the rear. My trailer is only 84" wide, isn't it just a matter of flipping the tires around in the rear and moving to the opposite side? Shouldn't that get the width under 80"

Also, would the rear lug nuts on the 3910 be the same size as a 3930?

/ Ford 3910 questions #2  
I looked at a 3910 yesterday, with the plans on picking it up next week. First thing I noticed, the tires are set a lot wider than I'm used to...roughly 89" in the rear. My trailer is only 84" wide, isn't it just a matter of flipping the tires around in the rear and moving to the opposite side? Shouldn't that get the width under 80"

Also, would the rear lug nuts on the 3910 be the same size as a 3930?
Congratulations!
The 3900 series tractors are great machines~

/ Ford 3910 questions #3  
Yes, you can flip the tires/rims. You can also pick up a couple of inches by mounting the rim to the back side of the wheel center.

/ Ford 3910 questions
Makes sense it would be adjustable, any guesses how heavy each rear tire will be?

/ Ford 3910 questions #6  
Makes sense it would be adjustable, any guesses how heavy each rear tire will be?
No clue but I can't lift them even with just air fill. I can roll them though. I use my engine hoist to remove/install the rear tires. Mine are leaning against a tree as we speak. I'm in the process of a complete makeover on my 3910. Other projects keep getting in the way but body and paint work is all that's left.

20201108_120559.jpg

/ Ford 3910 questions
Well, we were able to get the rear tires swapped from one side to the other. Let me say this, they are far heavier than they look...and swapping them without a lift is a challenge (even for two people).