Ford 4500 Power Steering pump

/ Ford 4500 Power Steering pump #11  
View attachment 813035could it be from that arm? Looks like a leak to me.
Sure does! I had a leak under the steering wheel on our Ford 4610 and when i changed the pump filter it stopped. I figured the pump was being restricted by the dirty filter and it was over pressuring the system. I replaced the filter and never had another issue.

/ Ford 4500 Power Steering pump #12  
@Jerry/MT not the same on a 4610 as a 4500.

The 4610 used a steering gearbox that had a power assist piston within the gearbox. The power steering is delivered out of the steering box up the draglink to the wheels. The steering high pressure goes into the column and can leak out the pitman shaft.

The 4500 used a manual gearbox, no hydraulic pressure there. The steering pressure line goes into the steering piston in the nose/bolster. A valve mounted on top of the cylinder activates when it senses input from the drag link to offer power steering assistance to the manual input by the driver.

/ Ford 4500 Power Steering pump #13  
@Jerry/MT not the same on a 4610 as a 4500.

The 4610 used a steering gearbox that had a power assist piston within the gearbox. The power steering is delivered out of the steering box up the draglink to the wheels. The steering high pressure goes into the column and can leak out the pitman shaft.

The 4500 used a manual gearbox, no hydraulic pressure there. The steering pressure line goes into the steering piston in the nose/bolster. A valve mounted on top of the cylinder activates when it senses input from the drag link to offer power steering assistance to the manual input by the driver.
Thanks for the info. It's the same pump though isn't it?

/ Ford 4500 Power Steering pump #14  
Externally it looks the same, but the 4500 pump is a D8NN3K514KC rated at 1250 psi @ 1000 rpm; 2.74 gpm. The 4610 is a E6NN3K514BA rated at 850 psi @ 1000 rpm; relief set to 1100 psi.