Ford 4600 ?

/ Ford 4600 ? #1  

Doc_Bob

Elite Member
Tractor
2003 NH TN70A
Any opinions on this 2WD Ford 4600? Good bad or indifferent?
Bob

DSC02481.JPG

DSC02478.JPG

DSC02479.JPG

DSC02482.JPG

DSC02480.JPG

/ Ford 4600 ? #2  
Nice looking rig. Someone was REAL proud to have a cab tractor that size spec'ed out like that one back in the day. The only two nits I can pick are these: It is probably a cab-no-air tractor, and the 18" front tires are tough to find. I am a huge fan of the 3 cylinder Diesels, and anything after about 1969 has pretty much all the improvements needed except for maybe the two pump hydraulic system. You just can't kill them with normal use and minimal care. I'd love to have it. What's the asking price?

/ Ford 4600 ? #3  
From what I can see looks like a nice straight tractor, the adjustable wheels are a plus. The loader looks like it was not used much and plenty heavy duty for the tractor. A cab in Wisconsin would be very nice! I am from Wisconsin also, Medford area. Where are you located. How many hours and what is the asking price?

JJ

/ Ford 4600 ? #4  
Looks like it NEEDS a PTO shield on the tractor- for you or any operator's safety. It is a nice, clean tractor, as previously mentioned it has a great cab that is unusual for that series/vintage of tractor.

Good Luck!!

/ Ford 4600 ?
I will find out what the asking price is and get back to all of you.
Bob

/ Ford 4600 ? #6  
A Great Looking Tractor. Cab would be nice in the winter. I logged a lot of hours on it's predassor. 1975 4000 SU with a Ford industrial FEL and a crankshaft pump in the 70's and 80's. We were feeding about 200 head beef cows. It feed thousands of round bales and loaded alot of manure. It ran everyday. 3 cylinder english built engine. Nearly bullet proof. We would break a spindle every now from the use of lifting 5x6 bales and loading wet manure in the early spring. We had the rear tires fluid filled and 3 wheel wts. It had 14.9x28 rears and we put 16" float tires on the front. It had a differential lock and with using the loader to back out of some tough spots it did well for not having four wheel drive. Tilt the bucket all the way forward and lower it down until the front end comes off the ground, step on the pedal to lock the differential, and roll the bucket back and it will push you back enough to get traction. Tough to get stuck. ;)

Sorry to go on so long about those Fords, just a great little tractor.:D

If it is sound I would not hestitate to buy it. Good Luck!:)