Ford 5610 issue when using Bush hog

/ Ford 5610 issue when using Bush hog #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
So I’ve been working on this tractor for several months since I purchased it last year. Have it about ready to go now except finding correct rear stabilizer bars per a separate thread plus a issue regarding grass and weeds wrapping around the drive shaft. So speaking of this does this cause any issues with seals etc? Was just just over looked in the original tractor design or is a cover missing for the shaft? It’s a 1984 or 85 Ford 5610 Cab tractor MWFD. Thanks

IMG_4569.JPGIMG_4570.JPG

/ Ford 5610 issue when using Bush hog #2  
Do you see anywhere a cover could attach to under the tractor? I don't have any experience with a front wheel assist in that model. I would think you could fab a shield up to protect the drive line.

/ Ford 5610 issue when using Bush hog #3  
Yes, there's a shield missing.

Here's my 3910. Sorry it's not a better pic.

20161222_143723 (1024x576).jpg

/ Ford 5610 issue when using Bush hog
Yes, there's a shield missing.

Here's my 3910. Sorry it's not a better pic.

View attachment 539698

Hey ovrszd what year is your 3910? After looking online it looks like maybe only the series II came with the shield. See attached picture for part referencing the 5610. IMG_4580.JPG

Do you see anywhere a cover could attach to under the tractor? I don't have any experience with a front wheel assist in that model. I would think you could fab a shield up to protect the drive line.

Not sure as it was muddy as heck today. I will take a look later this week though. Good thought.

/ Ford 5610 issue when using Bush hog #6  
Here is the underneath side of my tractor. After running the serial number it appears to be a 83 model.

IMG_4596.JPGIMG_4597.JPGIMG_4601.JPGIMG_4604.JPG

/ Ford 5610 issue when using Bush hog #8  
My tractor is nothing like that underneath. Are there even any threaded holes in the castings on either end to fasten a shield to?? My driveshaft also uses a carrier bearing in the middle. My shield is fastened at each end and the middle where the bearing is.

I looked at the part drawing several times and honestly don’t see any holes that would match up with how it’s mounted in the drawing. I was hoping everything would match up but looking underneath they appear to be different.

/ Ford 5610 issue when using Bush hog #10  
I just scrolled thru dozens of pics I took while rebuilding my front end and didn't come up with any that clearly shows how the shield mounts. But from what you have posted I don't think it matters. My chassis is quite a bit different than yours.

I'll look mine over closer tomorrow when I'm at the farm. If I see something that might help you I'll take a pic.