Ford 5610

/ Ford 5610 #1  

chappersrugby

Hi,New to this forum and hope some one can help.
We have a 5610, old but always reliable until today. It has been about 8 weeks since I last had it running. I started it to start bale lugging and found that the clutch won't work. the pedal operates okay and it doesn't feel any different to normal but I just can't get it into gear and when I cheat by having the hi/lo box in neutral select a gear and pop the hi/lo in quickly it drives but won't disengage when I depress the clutch.

/ Ford 5610 #2  
There are some guys on here that have 5610's, so maybe one of them will give their opinion.

It sounds like the clutch disc may have stuck to the flywheel. This is common in older Fords, but not impossible in newer models. Condensation inside the clutch housing causes the flywheel to rust and the disc can stick.

Once you "cheat" the tractor into gear and it is moving, press the clutch pedal down and hold it while pressing the brakes at the same time. This usually works but it will depend on how hard the clutch is stuck. Sometimes it will unstick pretty quickly and other times it may take several tries.

Once the clutch has released, block the pedal down with a piece of wood when parking for extended periods. This will prevent the clutch from sticking again.

Welcome to TBN.

Mike