ford 6.0 feul filters

/ ford 6.0 feul filters #1  

firemanpat2910

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 2910II
after 100,000 miles and no telling how many $50.00- $75.00 filters from autozone, advanced, o'rileys ect. I finaly made time to stop by a local International truck dealer this weekend Wow what a difference. part # 1847170c94 2 filter kit $35.00 for OEM and the parts guy said he usualy has a off brand that fed-ex, the city trucks , and a couple other fleet accounts use for about 1/2 that. but he was out of stock. I am all for OEM parts but if a off brand has the same specs and a good reccomendation, I would give it a shot at that price. and by the way it was time to change filters, large one on the bottom was completely dark brown, and I got 1/8 cup of dirty water out of seperator

/ ford 6.0 feul filters #2  
I buy Motorcraft filters from a local parts house I have delt with for about 30 years for $63.00. I am not sure if they are cheeper from a discount house or not. For what it costs to replace an injector in that engine I am going to stick with the Motorcraft filter set. I understand that Ford does not manufacture filters so they could be the same ones you are looking at.

Dan

/ ford 6.0 feul filters
the $35.00 ones I bought are the OEM filters exactly the same as the motorcraft. the knock offs I would have to look at the quality and fit before I would reccomend them here. But he didnt have any in stock for me to look at.

/ ford 6.0 feul filters #4  
Purchased a Motorcraft oil filter for my 04 Ford 6.0 for about $19.00 awhile back. The filter was shrink wrapped and made in Germany. Next oil change Motorcraft wasn't available, but Fram was for a few bucks cheaper. That filter was also shrink wrapped and made in Germany. The serial numbers were identical on both filters. The filter game at its finest!

/ ford 6.0 feul filters #5  
Yep, I buy all my filters in bulk, about 100 at a time on Ebay. Just find a guy selling them and send them a Email. Last purchase the average price was $1.55 per filter.

Got fuel, oil, hydraulic, and air for the the 3 vehicles I own and, my tractor, neighbors tractor, Dozer, BH, his truck and his wifes truck, both our mowers, boats, ect. All the filters we Fram, Quaker State, and Pennzoil. Just the 4 air filters I got for his wife's Lincoln were $80 at Auto Zone. Got everything delivered for about $155

Chris

/ ford 6.0 feul filters #6  
i get mine at napa... not very expensive...

soundguy

/ ford 6.0 feul filters #7  
i get mine at napa... not very expensive...

soundguy

Until you have to replace an engine. Use only OEM-type filters in a 6.0, both oil and fuel. Motorcraft or International or Racor, not Wix or Napa. And the Ford dealer is the last place to get them (as the OP noted).

The Napa/Wix oil filters are not OEM size and will allow the oil filter housing to leak down when the engine is turned off.

The Napa/Wix fuel filters don't have the water membrane in the primary filter (the white membrane you see on the OEM type filters).

/ ford 6.0 feul filters #8  
over 100K miles and 6+ years on my 6.0 psd.. using napa filters.

no leaks or problems yet.

I take that back. DID have oil leaks when the truck was new and under warranty. leaked at the oil filter to housing where you screw it in. leaked with OEM motorcraft filters. final fix after about 6 weeks of leaks was napa filters.

go figure... :)

soundguy

/ ford 6.0 feul filters #9  
I agree. I have ran nothing but Quaker State oil filters since 2004 in my 6.0L and since 2006 in my other 6.0L. Change the oil every 5,000 miles in both of them and not a single issue.

Chris

/ ford 6.0 feul filters #10  
Wow! I thought stuff was usually cheaper in the U.S. You guys are getting peeled! I get Motorcraft oil and fuel filters for my 07 6.0L for $77.00 total for both. At any Ford dealer.