Ford 6610 wont run after pump rebuild

/ Ford 6610 wont run after pump rebuild
Be very carefully with this. I am not familiar with what solenoid is used on this diesel pump. Some solenoids are energized to open the fuel rack. Some are energized to temporarily close the fuel rack. Some are PWM and a direct 12 volt will fry it.
Thank you. Hope to have eyes on it tomorrow.

/ Ford 6610 wont run after pump rebuild #12  
I'd eliminate all the fuel system by running it off a lawnmower tank until I got the engine running. Gravity feed it. Don't waste the time on fuel research. Get it running, then they'll be happy for you to research everything. Better yet, connect it to the regular supply and leave.

I'd eliminate all the fuel system by running it off a lawnmower tank until I got the engine running. Gravity feed it. Don't waste the time on fuel research. Get it running, then they'll be happy for you to research everything. Better yet, connect it to the regular supply and leave.
Thank you.
My apologies, not sure I follow. Direct gravity feed to the injection pump inlet.
I want to make it as right and reliable for them as I possibly can. I see your point tho, once it's running there is a renewed spirit so to speak.

/ Ford 6610 wont run after pump rebuild #14  
Thank you.
My apologies, not sure I follow. Direct gravity feed to the injection pump inlet.
I want to make it as right and reliable for them as I possibly can. I see your point tho, once it's running there is a renewed spirit so to speak.
There's an outside mark to clock the pump to also. You can see it on the outside. Have to clean the paint off the timing cover right where the pump bolts on. I'd advise gravity feed fuel, clock the pump to line up with mark. After you bleed the injectors, if it don't run, you have to assume the other fella didn't set it up properly. There's no way you can overcome that without sending pump back to shop to get it locked in time, and do it over starting from the beginning. But it is a good sign that it will run briefly. You're gonna have to check his work on the front of engine with gear alignment. Like I said, if it all looks right and won't run off a bottle, send pump back to be locked.

There's an outside mark to clock the pump to also. You can see it on the outside. Have to clean the paint off the timing cover right where the pump bolts on. I'd advise gravity feed fuel, clock the pump to line up with mark. After you bleed the injectors, if it don't run, you have to assume the other fella didn't set it up properly. There's no way you can overcome that without sending pump back to shop to get it locked in time, and do it over starting from the beginning. But it is a good sign that it will run briefly. You're gonna have to check his work on the front of engine with gear alignment. Like I said, if it all looks right and won't run off a bottle, send pump back to be locked.
Thank you again. After a brief look today I'd say the pump is coming back off. I still have some questions for the young man who's got it this far, before that happens. This will probably be ongoing as I'm out of town until the end of the month.

I appreciate all of you and will keep you posted

/ Ford 6610 wont run after pump rebuild #16  
If the injector pump is 180 degrees out, she won’t start.