Ford 7.3L Gas Engine

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #1  

Tractorable

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tractorless, 2022 F350 Tremor, 24ft Diamond C HDT Equipment Trailer, 1980 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
Specs were just released on Fords new 7.3L gas motor, 430hp and 475lb/ft of torque. Cam in block push rod motor, forged crank, pistons/rods ready for boost, 4 bolt main bearing caps, cast iron block, built for durability, longevity, simplicity, and ease of maintenance. Makes 400lb/ft of torque at 1500rpm and will be mated to a beefed up 10 speed auto trans.

I like it, more power for towing than the 6.2L, and should last forever and be cheap and easy to maintain. I bet it’ll make a heck of a drag motor with a supercharger or a couple hair dryers bolted on.

We Finally Know the Ford Super Duty 7.3L V8 Power Numbers & They Are Lower Than We Thought! - YouTube

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #2  
Specs were just released on Fords new 7.3L gas motor, 430hp and 475lb/ft of torque. Cam in block push rod motor, forged crank, pistons/rods ready for boost, 4 bolt main bearing caps, cast iron block, built for durability, longevity, simplicity, and ease of maintenance. Makes 400lb/ft of torque at 1500rpm and will be mated to a beefed up 10 speed auto trans.

I like it, more power for towing than the 6.2L, and should last forever and be cheap and easy to maintain. I bet it’ll make a heck of a drag motor with a supercharger or a couple hair dryers bolted on.

We Finally Know the Ford Super Duty 7.3L V8 Power Numbers & They Are Lower Than We Thought! - YouTube

Interesting. I sure wish when they do these interviews they would step away from the background noise. That said, I think it is smart of Ford to redo the big gas engine. :thumbsup:

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #3  

You shouldn't believe everthing you are told,I don't.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #4  
You shouldn't believe everthing you are told,I don't.

I think it’s rated at 4000 rpm not 1500 but the 400 foot pounds seems believable.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine
IMG_2244.JPG

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #6  
I think the old GM 8100 (8.1L) was 330hp at 4200rpm and 450ftlbs at 3200rpm. It was a real torquer but drank fuel.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #7  
I think the old GM 8100 (8.1L) was 330hp at 4200rpm and 450ftlbs at 3200rpm. It was a real torquer but drank fuel.

I have serious doubts about the new 7.3 gasser being any better. Big displacement high output gasser and good mileage doesn’t go together. The 8.1 hasn’t been produced in 10 years but I’d still think that over a Ford anything. I hope the scraped the duel timing chains and plug spitting problems.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #8  
I don't know why people make a big deal about the plug spitting problem I have 2 v 10s and have only lost 2 plugs at a cost of 75$ a piece to replace. The motors have 425,000 and 497,000 and still going strong daily driver. No other engine repair done to them !:cool2: Best gas engine since the 460....:drink:

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #9  
Wonder what the gas mileage will be with it? I'm guessing maybe 15 hwy, 10 towing? If you gonna work the horses you got to feed them.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #10  
Wonder what the gas mileage will be with it? I'm guessing maybe 15 hwy, 10 towing? If you gonna work the horses you got to feed them.

Maybe in a 250. I’m guessing the medium duty truck is closer to 5 mpg loaded. I’d be surprised of it got 10 towing a big load in any truck.