Ford 7.3L Gas Engine

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #21  
Towed this explorer about 200 miles with my 20ft Pj bumper pull with my 2016 Ram 2500 6.4 hemi engine 3.73 gears and got a whopping 9.5 MPG,s driving 60-63 MPH highway driving.I am guessing the new ford 7.3 might get close to the same MPG,s towing.

Attachments

• IMG_1282.jpg
    IMG_1282.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 420
   / Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #22  
I don't know either, that statement generally comes from people that hate Fords.. How about the cost of replacing one injector on a duramax?

The plug problem has been overblown by GM fan boys for years along with the exhaust manifold bolts snapping..

I’d get over that problem a lot faster than the motor being half under the cab and requiring the cabs to be pulled for any major repairs. Next problem on the era trucks I’m likely to buy the Chevy truck will turn a 10 foot tighter circle. My dually is 10 years older than my dads F350 SRW both trucks around 110k miles and mine drives better, turns tighter, and rides better.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #23  
   / Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #24  
I believe that only applies to F450 size and up... Which is why the V10 has still been offered in F450+ up to and including this year.

V10 is in lots of tow trucks, school buses, RV's... Many diehard fans. In my opinion this engine has big shoes to fill (based on my personal experience). But I'm definitely impressed and excited.

Now... If Ford would only offer an independent front axle setup as an option to work on that harsh ride!
Maybe something changed in the past couple years. I know nothing above 'half tons' had EPA ratings just 2 years ago.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #26  
How does one compare a spark plug replacement to an injector replacement? That's like comparing apples to oranges, there is no comparison.

It's like comparing the miniscule amount of plug replacements on a Ford gasser was my point..

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #27  
I’d get over that problem a lot faster than the motor being half under the cab and requiring the cabs to be pulled for any major repairs. Next problem on the era trucks I’m likely to buy the Chevy truck will turn a 10 foot tighter circle. My dually is 10 years older than my dads F350 SRW both trucks around 110k miles and mine drives better, turns tighter, and rides better.

Hmmmm, have you driven a Super Duty lately? We have covered this already back a few months ago.. Same result..

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #28  
The GM/Ford debate is like the Kubota/Deere debate, it's a good way to pass the time I guess on a hot day and that's about all it's good for...

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #29  
People that are "bashing" this thing are crazy. Do they not understand how physics work and how torqy this thing is off idle. I'm a diesel guy and I must say, I'm impressed. If this motor gets mated to 4.30 gears it will pull anything just fine...even in a medium duty truck.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #30  
People that are "bashing" this thing are crazy. Do they not understand how physics work and how torqy this thing is off idle. I'm a diesel guy and I must say, I'm impressed. If this motor gets mated to 4.30 gears it will pull anything just fine...even in a medium duty truck.

Exactly. 400 ft-lbs at 1500 rpm, and then a flat 'curve' all the way through 5500 rpm with only a 75 ft-lbs difference (475 max) through the range. It's gonna slot in nicely between the 6.2 and diesel.