Ford 7610

/ Ford 7610 #1  

Teaspoon

Bronze Member
Tractor
none
Hello! Just need some input on the old Ford 7610 tractors. I found one with a cab and 4200hrs. Everything is supposed to work. Can anyone shed some light on these tractors?

/ Ford 7610 #2  
The Ford 10 series tractors are among the most reliable tractors around.

/ Ford 7610 #3  
As said 10 series are good and 7610 is what you would call one of their flagships...What series/ age and cab type . only blanket comment i can make is look for water in the engine oil . A very over advertised problem but porous blocks do happen . Different era cabs rusted worse than others and some of the early eighties (RUBIK CUBE) culumn gear shifts were not any trouble but complicated to shift but if column shift is a proper H pattern or sticks are on the floor one of the best tractors of the era .

Pics please :)

/ Ford 7610 #4  
My Grandfather has a late 90s 7610 that has been 100% reliable. It had to have a new clutch around the 1300 hr. mark, but he is prone to leaving his foot resting on it when he should know better.

He bought it since it was a very simple machine compared to other models, not a lot of electronics, simple shiftnig mechanism, etc.

/ Ford 7610
Hello! Just need some input on the old Ford 7610 tractors. I found one with a cab and 4200hrs. Everything is supposed to work. Can anyone shed some light on these tractors?

Well, I'm going to look at it in the morning. I forgot to mention that it has a buhler quick attach loader too. He says everything works on the tractor. He is asking 16,750 obo. If it's good, how's the price?

/ Ford 7610 #6  
My Grandfather has a late 90s 7610 that has been 100% reliable. It had to have a new clutch around the 1300 hr. mark, but he is prone to leaving his foot resting on it when he should know better.

He bought it since it was a very simple machine compared to other models, not a lot of electronics, simple shiftnig mechanism, etc.

late 90's? um.. that would be a 7610s

the 10 series started somewhere around 80 i believe...

mind you.. the 7610s IS a fine tractor. I have one.. it pulls a 15' batwing like nobodies business.

/ Ford 7610 #7  
Well, I'm going to look at it in the morning. I forgot to mention that it has a buhler quick attach loader too. He says everything works on the tractor. He is asking 16,750 obo. If it's good, how's the price?

16.7k on a 30+ year old unit? even with a loader?

you sure it is not a 7610S

7610s are int he range of about 10k now.. plus the value of the loader.

/ Ford 7610 #8  
16.7k on a 30+ year old unit? even with a loader?

you sure it is not a 7610S

7610s are int he range of about 10k now.. plus the value of the loader.

Depends on location...im a dealer in Texas. We sold one a couple months back with 5k hours on a 89 model that brought $22,000 but it was clean. Also had an 88 model with a reworked dash with no hour meter bring $15k at auction. An old clean 10 series in an good ford market can still bring a lot of money

/ Ford 7610 #9  
that's scarry prices. 22K is / was pretty much NEW price for a 7610S