Ford 800 power steering filter

/ Ford 800 power steering filter #1  

AZOutlaw

Tractor
JD 110 TLB and Ford 860
I've got a Ford 800 with power steering and the oil canister on top. Opened it up and it has a filter inside. Problem is, the filter is just laying in there. No bracket or retainer. There's a place for it to lay at an angle over the supply and return oil lines but what is supposed to hold it in place?

/ Ford 800 power steering filter #3  
Get you a small funnel shaped spring, a 1"OD 1/4"ID washer and a stiff piece of wire and make you one. One end has a loop and the other end is shaped like a small hook. I made one for a friend's 601 years ago. Still in there doing it's job. The spring is there just in case the filter clogs up and the spring lets the filter unseat to allow oil to pass around the filter. I can pull my original retainer out of mine for reference with a measuring tape laid next to it to give you something to go by. jim

/ Ford 800 power steering filter
Thank you sirs, that's exactly he diagram I was looking for but kept pulling up a different version. I do follow that and can certainly build my own. Thanks again!

/ Ford 800 power steering filter #5  
yup, J hook, and don't use a heavy spring. even something out of the bottom of an old flashlight that uses 2 C or D batteries will work.. HAS WORKED ;)

and yeah, there are a couple PS pump setups out there, even more later on.