Flail Mower Ford 917 Flail mower

/ Ford 917 Flail mower #21  
I ended up getting a 60” 918L. The B2150 hst, with 18ho pto advertised, is handling it well. So now I want to try the 60” 918H, run the slightly heavier blades. There also is an extra pivot in the hanger/blades compared to the 918L
Hello and good morning KMoJo,

I want to welcome you as the newest resident member of the "Flail Mower Nations" from the Lone Star State and Granger, Texas.

The knife hanger link on the 918H helps the user avoid damaging the knife pairs by allowing the knife to swing back more quickly and out of the way.

You should have no problems running the heavier blades on the flail mower you have now so I would just use the 918L

If you have more questions or need help we are no more than a PM, E-mail or phone call away if you run into problems or think you may have a Flail Mower ouchie, ha, ha.

Happy mowing,

LeonZ

/ Ford 917 Flail mower
I ended up getting a 60” 918L. The B2150 hst, with 18ho pto advertised, is handling it well. So now I want to try the 60” 918H, run the slightly heavier blades. There also is an extra pivot in the hanger/blades compared to the 918L
From what I remember, the 918H blades mount just about the same as the 918L blades, no extra link. But it does have heavier and wider blades.