Ford/NH 1720

/ Ford/NH 1720 #1  

Nissan197

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 4WD
What would a fair price be for the above tractor with 700 hours, unknown brand FEL, Rhino mower (unk size), box scraper (unk size). It is in fair condition. Seller is saying just spent a little over $1,000 on it fixing it up. When asked how, they advised changing fluids, etc. Late 80's model. Thanks for the responses.

/ Ford/NH 1720 #2  
So if they spent a grand to bring it up to "fair" if they spent two would it be "good"? Not sure why you expect to get any meaningful responses with the level of detail you give. There could be a range of price differences totaling nearly $2000 for just the FEL, mower and box blade depending on what they actually are. 700 original hours after 20 years? Maybe, but maybe not. Tractor itself $3800 to $9000. Heck, you don't even tell us if it is 4WD. I love 1720's to death, but I would discount a 2WD heavily.

/ Ford/NH 1720 #3  
I gave 7K and traded a YM1700 Yanmar on a 99 with 245 one owner hours in July of 06. It did come with a nice Woods medium duty 5' box blade. I put a fair market value on the tractor of 9K but it was cherry.

You need to find out what repairs were done to the unit and try to talk to the previous owner and get some history. Too many variables to make an assessment. What are they asking?

/ Ford/NH 1720
Thanks Turby. Waiting on a call back. All I had was what was in the paper. Will probably just go buy new with a 48 month/0% deal. Thanks again.

Oops - $5,500.00 for everything