Ford recall

/ Ford recall #1  

schmism

Tractor
New holland TC(33)
Had my 2001 E350 in for a recall on the cruse control wiring for fire hazard. (as an aside, we dont fix the cruise control deactivation sensor, we just add a fuse to the wireing harness, so when it shorts out, cause its always on, it trips the fuse and you get to do the whole nine yards over again) but anyway

I think it was the first time in my life ive been inside a ford dealership and probably 10 or more years in any dealership...

1) 2014 E250 vans come with old school sealed beam headlights. none of this plastic lens crap on the front of the truck. Its sad we cant get the same in a pickup.
2) 2014 E350 van equipped for service van, has a window sticker price of over $30K :shocked:

2015 AL F150 wont hit the showroom till feb 2015 about the same time as delivery of owner units if you place an order in the coming months.

2014 F250 still has a solid front axle? with lockout hubs!?!! Course this was on the King Ranch edition which featured the lamest set of tinny street tires ive ever seen on a truck (of that trim level) When asked about it, the response was, Largest buyer of this truck pulls an RV with it, therefore they want quiet high wear tire, not something for off pavement use. my response, well i guess the king ranch ant used on the ranch huh... salesman just smiled.

When i asked the sales dude if he had a sheet with his used cars on it, he smiled at me and said nope.

In all I wanted serious buying info on only three cars at that dealership.
1) a really clean early 2000 honda accord sitting in the show room - sold to GM

I said ummm ok well do you got any BMW or lexus or something out there? he pulls out his phone and starts surfing the dealers website. I ask, thats your best tool for tracking inventory here? He nods yes. I pear down at the tinny screen.....
2)were is that mid 2000's bmw 330ix - being driven by my GM not here now
now we are 0 for 2
3)how about that mid 2000 bmw X5 4.4 with 90K for a good price. He says I know its not out front... I respond, its hard for me to buy something if I cant look at them. He says, well...ummm we can go look out back for it incase it hasnt been detailed and checked out before it goes out front. I say shure sounds good. After trecking around the back lot for 5 min, he goes in to ask about it. Sold. :rolleyes:

0 n 3

He had to go help another customer at that point, I went to get a bag of popcorn and wait for my van to be ready.

Cant say much has changed to make me want to go back to shopping at dealerships in the past 10 years. Not that i did before, I grew up in a family that always bought used cars from private parties. I think ill stick to that.

/ Ford recall #2  
Sounds about right. I hate the dealerships and avoid going if possible.

/ Ford recall #3  
The car buying experience can be painful for the unskilled buyer. I'm fortunate to have a friend or two in the business that make the process as easy as possible. ..just bought a new toy this Saturday. One of my friends that is a salesman called me at 11 am and told me what he had and within a couple hours it was in my garage. They made some money, I got a fair deal and everyone was happy. Not all transactions with dealers are the same, and that's a shame.

/ Ford recall #4  
I've been using Bill Utter Ford to service our vehicles for the past 8 years; bought a used car from them 5 years ago and another a little over a month ago, and I've been quite happy with them. However, I've also recently visited the nearest Nissan dealer and the nearest Honda dealer, and there's no way I'd ever want to do business with either of them.

/ Ford recall #5  
All my local dealerships are awful. I drive 50 miles for my Fords and wherever the Internet takes me for the other brands.

Chris