Ford Superduty 6.2 questions?

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #51  
I have an 2018 F250 super cab long bed with the 6.2. Bought it last year, @31k miles, now at 38k miles. Happy so far.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions?
Will - Significantly off topic but have you had any issues with your Colorado?

Grumpycat - I agree. Why would Ford "downgrade" the optional engine to make it standard. That's just silly. But I know nothing of it. Maybe they are doing other cost saving measures (like non forged internals???) to make it more of a base engine?
The seats in this Colorado are horrible, by far the worst ever that I have sat on. Mechanically the truck has been flawless, happy with it. I had the dealer do a trans service May 2021, will do it again next summer. The M1 fluid (8L45) is not cheap at $33/L, but still cheaper than the Mopar ZF fluid. I will not own another Colorado, could not turn down the insane trade offer that i got for my 17 Silverado.

The 6.8 Godzilla base engine makes complete sense as it replaced the 6.2. a great if you do not need the 7.3, but still need to tow Occadionally.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #53  
The seats in this Colorado are horrible, by far the worst ever that I have sat on. Mechanically the truck has been flawless, happy with it. I had the dealer do a trans service May 2021, will do it again next summer. The M1 fluid (8L45) is not cheap at $33/L, but still cheaper than the Mopar ZF fluid. I will not own another Colorado, could not turn down the insane trade offer that i got for my 17 Silverado.

The 6.8 Godzilla base engine makes complete sense as it replaced the 6.2. a great if you do not need the 7.3, but still need to tow Occadionally.
I had one as a rental for two weeks last summer and I thought the seats were really still and uncomfortable too, which is bad because I like the Colorado/Canyon especially the 2.8L diesel.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #54  
That's a load of kitty litter! Our cat died of old age last year, but I was carrying (2) buckets for my daughter across a long open space at her apartment recently... I must have looked worn out, because a young tatted-up shady looking dude asked if I needed some help with it. I admit I initially judged him harshly.

I prefer the crew cabs, but not when my wife drives.
Tesla carries cat litter too:

Attachments

• Tesla ScoopAway.jpeg
    Tesla ScoopAway.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
   / Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #55  

Just curious why you're replacing transmission fluid so frequently?

Just curious why you're replacing transmission fluid so frequently?
I have always done a spill/filter & fill every other year. I have never had a trans issue. Traded off an 04 GMC 1500 crew with 217,000 miles on it, original drivetrain. Fluids are cheap insurance. Brake fluid, coolant, all oils are done on a schedule.

Last edited:
   / Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #57  
Thanks Will!

Thats funny, I find the seats comfortable for GM. My Honda was the worst, but GM has been lackluster. Mine is a GMC in the Elevation package, but I doubt its any different than yours. Maybe a different color fabric. Mine does have the power feature though, and I bet that helps.

BTW - The new Super's have great seats. I have a new, never used, take-out seat from a 2015 Ford Superduty in my older F450. I could drive that truck for hours without any issue.

Good to hear about the powertrain on the Colorado and Canyon twins.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #58  
Thanks Will!

Thats funny, I find the seats comfortable for GM. My Honda was the worst, but GM has been lackluster. Mine is a GMC in the Elevation package, but I doubt its any different than yours. Maybe a different color fabric. Mine does have the power feature though, and I bet that helps.

BTW - The new Super's have great seats. I have a new, never used, take-out seat from a 2015 Ford Superduty in my older F450. I could drive that truck for hours without any issue.

Good to hear about the powertrain on the Colorado and Canyon twins.
I’ve owned HM trucks since 1995 and the seats have all been good, but the Colorado rental I had really hard seats that I found uncomfortable.

I’ve owned HM trucks since 1995 and the seats have all been good, but the Colorado rental I had really hard seats that I found uncomfortable.
Been a lifelong GM owner, needless to say I am shocked at these seats. Going back fullsize.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #60  

Attachments

• Ford Truck 005.jpg
    Ford Truck 005.jpg
    872 KB · Views: 134
My 2012 was a good truck but drank a lot of fuel