Ford vrs Kubota

/ Ford vrs Kubota #1  

JonE

Silver Member
Tractor
B2710/LA401
Not really! Just snapped a pic of my neighbors 1910 and my B2710. He brought it over to make some repairs to the cab.
I'll post those next.
Nice tractor! Really built well! This from a Kubota fan./w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ Ford vrs Kubota
Here is what needed fixin.
OUCH/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

/ Ford vrs Kubota
All better now!

/ Ford vrs Kubota #4  
JonE, what happened to that Ford to do that damage?

Bird

/ Ford vrs Kubota
Good question. He says its from bouncing down the drive but I think he dropped the cab when putting it on for the winter.

/ Ford vrs Kubota #6  
JonE, I tend to forget about you folks that take the cab off and put it back with the seasons. Everyone I know who has a cab never takes it off. They're for cooling instead of heating in my part of the country.

62 degrees here this morning, although the weathermen are saying it won't even get above freezing tomorrow and we're supposed to have the coldest weather we've seen in the last two years with freezing rain, sleet, and snow tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Ford vrs Kubota #7  
Bird,
Welcome to our world! Now maybe you will get the chance to move some snow with your tractor!

Von

/ Ford vrs Kubota #8  
No, no, Von. No snow moving; I'll just stay in and drink coffee./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif And that front just arrived. My outdoor thermometer has dropped 13 degrees in the last 30 minutes or less./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ Ford vrs Kubota #9  
JonE,
Maybe by having the hole for the bolt so close to the corner it weaken the steel than it slowly start to tear.
By the looks of the rust it be damage for a while.

Would that be box tubing you were repairing?

Nice job in repairing!!

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Ford vrs Kubota
Good possability that's what happened.
There were more cracks where is connects to the top of the cab as well.
My neighbor isn't what you'd call proactive on these things.
That was like 1" "U" channel. Fairly light gauge.(1/8")