Fordson snow machine, please view:) if you dont know about it you need to see

/ Fordson snow machine, please view:) if you dont know about it you need to see #1  

diesel lover

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ferg. To 20, 1956 Massey F. MF 25 diesel, Ferg. 40, 1944 John D. A, 1965 cockshutt 40,
This is a prototype fordson snow machine made in 1929. We must appreciate the engineers in our life who have made things easier! http://youtu.be/zBjlSJf4274

/ Fordson snow machine, please view:) if you dont know about it you need to see
   / Fordson snow machine, please view:) if you dont know about it you need to see #3  
That snow machine has great flotation and pulling power.

/ Fordson snow machine, please view:) if you dont know about it you need to see #4  
such a neat idea and cool concept

/ Fordson snow machine, please view:) if you dont know about it you need to see #5  
   / Fordson snow machine, please view:) if you dont know about it you need to see #6  
i think i found my next winters project...

/ Fordson snow machine, please view:) if you dont know about it you need to see #7  
Looks like the college project had a weight and balance problem. The concept should work on water if balanced.

The 1929 machines - Wow! Those worked great. (They might not have been fit for water, either.) If run much on bare ground, I would expect the drums would get beat up and worn out pretty fast.

/ Fordson snow machine, please view:) if you dont know about it you need to see #8  
Very impressive! But, is it like an infomercial, where things are portrayed to work easily and perfectly?

I always have to ask. If it worked so well, why was it not adopted? Like aukmans (sp?) razor, type of thinking.

With modern plastic technologies this SHOULD be even easier today! Of course cheap crap we can do cheap, good stuff still costs!

I could see myself falling off that thing in a drunken stupor and getting my face shaved off! lol

Thanks for the thought provoking material.