Forks my way

/ Forks my way #1  

Locoweed

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
After reading several threads on the ability to use Kubota's quick attach on a LA364, a seed sprouted in the mess between my ears. My first thought was to get Kubota's fork assembly for the quick attach. Two problems with that. Cost & weight. About $1000 & over 300 lbs. I already had some clamp on forks that I have used to lift over 700 lbs. So I made a bracket that I could put the forks on & use with the quick attach.

The bucket is supposed to weigh 150 lbs. The forks weigh 70. Clamping them on the bucket moved the lift point further away from the pivot point. My bracket & forks combined weight is 165 lbs. The lift has been moved about 10" or so closer to the pivot point with the bucket removed. The bottom plate is 3/8" & the rest of the stuff is 1/4". Stuff I had laying around.

I made some modifications to the stabilizer bar that function as a back stop. 2" tubing welded on the top & a insert to go inside the fork clamp assembly to help hold it from being tipped back. The 4th. pic shows the stabilizer pulled out a bit so the insert shows.

I didn't have anything very heavy to test the final result, so I loaded my 48" rollover box blade on a pallet. It weighs 525 lbs. Everything seems pretty rigid & should do fine ( I hope )

Attachments

• t5.jpg
    t5.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 417
  • t6.jpg
    t6.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 261
  • t7.jpg
    t7.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 329
  • t8.jpg
    t8.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 381
  • t9.jpg
    t9.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 311
   / Forks my way #2  
Looks good, I think you have made a very useful and less expensive fork conversion. It looks to me that you will max your loader lift capacity before your forks fail.
I have planned to build something similar but with some box tubing for the frame to keep the weight down like you have.
Thanks for sharing.