/ Fort/Tree House #21  
Progress

Attachments

• DSCN2200.jpg
    DSCN2200.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 410
   / Fort/Tree House #22  
czechsonofagun,
Any kind of playhouse or treehouse is tons of fun for the kids. I think it's one of the best things you can do for a kid.
I know I used to love mine. As kids, a bunch of us would get up there like a clubhouse and have secret meetings. My 10 year old son just love his too. He does the same thing. When he has buddies come up for the weekend the spend most of the day up there. They even sleep in it. Best of all is he takes care of it and keeps it clean. I added a canvas cover made from a surplus 2 man tent. He's also got a swing set just below it. Like his own playdom now. Here's a couple of pictures if you don't mind.

/ Fort/Tree House #23  
Rob,

Thanks for sharing pictures. I already added a zip line to it - it was the highlight of Jakub's b day party last week. Also thinking about climbing wall - and a crows nest on the tree above the house with approach from the bottom. Hmm, maybe I will wait with that for kids to get older.

/ Fort/Tree House #24  
czechsonofagun, When my boys were little I built a fort for them made from the wood found on the property mainly poplar trees... It was a fun project and only cost about ten bucks for the hardware, pvc and tarp. Our Twins are bigger now and the fort has become firewood :( but it was great for them and me for awhile. I figured it would last them long enough to grow out of it and I wasn't too far off in my guestimate... I attached a pic :)

Attachments

• fortswing (600 x 450).jpg
    fortswing (600 x 450).jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 346
  • ropeswing (600 x 450).jpg
    ropeswing (600 x 450).jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 559
   / Fort/Tree House #25  
Thanks for sharing, still looking for ideas what to add as far as toys and playground equipment.

/ Fort/Tree House #26  
Nasty135,
Those are some great photos of the kids. I'm sure you'll treasure them for many years. Those are times they (and you) will never forget.

/ Fort/Tree House #27  
Sorry for the late reply, We were making more memories on vacation in S.C. Lake Seccession...:)

It is a good thing for Father and sons to do things together, Not to change the subject But my boys are almost 11 now and they still hold my hand while walking in public :):):) That is Nice...

I have a plan in the back of my head for a little larger tree house over looking our small creek in the woods "someday" .... It had better be soon, because they just keep on growing daily....I wish they could stay small for awhile longer though...

Czechsonofgun, Get busy and finish your project so ya'll can enjoy it..:)

/ Fort/Tree House #28  
I am in high gear - want to finish roof windows this week to keep it dry and leave the walls for the fall.

Will have pictures by weekend I hope:)

/ Fort/Tree House #29  
I am done for the summer - it is reasonably dry. Walls will have to wait till the fall - extending barn for a hay storage now.

Attachments

• DSCN2215.jpg
    DSCN2215.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 380
  • DSCN2232.jpg
    DSCN2232.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 375
   / Fort/Tree House #30  
Looks pretty cool!!!!

What I don't understand is how you have so much water in your pond??? My pond is down three feet and droping.

Your lucky to have all that water. It's a very nice setting!!!!

Eddie