Forty Grand? For a Stove?

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #11  
The tragedy of that is, it is so low production that when a part needs replaced in 5 or 10 years, it will be scrapped because it's no longer available. My house has a very expensive refrigerator that came with it. Less than 10 years old, the "motherboard" failed. I was able to find a place that would rebuild it for $500. Now it has several other problems and I will replace the whole thing when it goes bad. No more high end appliances for me.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #12  
One of these would be much cheaper! Easily rebuild. Can be sized in place to fit space. Works well for power outage and even provides hot water. During cold months it will even help heat the house. With just slight modification a bread baking oven could be added!

Attachments

• 44B58E50-92C8-4E3F-A9FF-7DCB2584185A.jpeg
    44B58E50-92C8-4E3F-A9FF-7DCB2584185A.jpeg
    792.9 KB · Views: 158
   / Forty Grand? For a Stove? #13  
Ridiculousness like this gives fuel to the fire of the "Have Not's".

NOT Starting a political thing here.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #14  
That range looks like it's been highly customized to look pretty - with some other oven layout modifications (assuming it wasn't a complete custom construction) ....as commercial/professional gas stoves (currently) cost a fraction of that price. ...and yes, I've looked at them recently as I've strongly considered switching over to a gas range (preferably one without 🤬'ing electronics - not much of a fan of "smart" devices) ....and/or adding a small countertop propane burner for canning.

The latter being more likely until I get around to building my own home & moving (in several years hopefully by which time prices will have become more reasonable) ...though with as much of my own cooking as I do (rarely eat a meal that's made by anyone other than myself and most of them start as raw fresh/frozen/canned ingredients) a good quality stove/oven sure would be nice, but not at that (vanity?) price.

....I'm also thinking the 2022 estimate is likely very premature for recovery as there's still too much demand, too much money and not enough people being permitted to work or work under pre-covid conditions (which most/all refining, smelting, manufacturing, and fabrication facilities were designed to accommodate). So seeing it takes a lot more time than most people realize to turn raw materials into consumer products (particularly if/when the producers of the tools used to make those consumer products are also having a hard time meeting demand for their industrial products) we're probably in for a long recovery period ....which I doubt has even really begun to start in earnest.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #15  
Trying to buy a small , but very specific size fridge. $1000 price tag.
Can't get it as none are being produced, all on hold for mainstream production.
Won't even give an estimate and current fridge leaks a bit.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #16  
If I ever move again (hopefully not lol ) I’ll get a Viking stove and hood. Wok stir frying and fajitas smoke up the house even with the best exhaust fan Lowe’s carries. The fleur-de-lis emblem is what made this one so expensive ;-)

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #17  
I only spent $10K for my first house! Is this what Thorstein Veblen was talking about in his essay "Conspicuous Consumption"?

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #18  
I only spent $10K for my first house! Is this what Thorstein Veblen was talking about in his essay "Conspicuous Consumption"?

My parents bought our first house for $13,000 in 1960.

My tractor cost way more than that in 2000.

But then again, that was 40 years difference.

Ever look at what your first real job salary was v today? That is the good thing!!!

MoKelly

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #20  
In 1967 I bought a 65 chev pickup for $1650.00 29,000 miles. A few years ago I bought an exact model of it. Same color scheme,custom cab,wide rear window,283 V8 engine It now sits on my bedroom dresser holding my $5600.00 hearing aids which was about the same price as a new Cadillac in the early 60s? Do I want the old days back???