Forty Grand? For a Stove?

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #31  
Probably. But I'm guessing they are outnumbered by those living in the low rate financing and mortgage domain.

The SKY seems to be the limit when you don't have to put money on the table. Why buy the SL when you can get the Escalade for another two hundred a month? Frugality is unheard of.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #32  

Wealthy homeowners are dropping nearly $40,000 on luxury stoves that won't arrive for months. It's a symptom of a broader appliance shortage hampering homeowners and industry insiders alike.

While demand for appliances amid a home improvement boom is partially to blame, external factors are also making it difficult to buy new appliances.

People are stupid.
If you need a new washer or dryer I would go with the Speed Queen
they will last a lot longer than the other brands as they are made the
old fashion way no chips with little parts to burn out

willy

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #33  
The 'pro quality' kitchen fad has been going for a while now and apparently it's not slowing down any time soon. I know some people who did that and you'd think they were big into cooking but they never use it for much more than making scrambled eggs or cooking a frozen pizza. I think at some point people realize they have way more money than they need and if they have a hobby they'll dump it into that, like maybe a boat, golf equipment and a country club membership, or maybe a classic car. Or maybe even a new tractor. Everybody else builds $100,000 kitchens and swimming pools.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #34  
My kitchen wasn’t cheap, but even I’m not stupid enough to sink 40k into a stove. Ive worked in some very expensive homes over the years. Most of the largest homes I’ve worked in have kitchens that will probably never be used. One is a 24,000 sf log home with 2 full sized kitchens. House is occupied 2 weeks per year. They eat out when in town.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #36  
Prices of property have doubled in a few months here in n idaho. One nutter is trying to sell 70 acres for $690,000. About 90% is a creak that’s flooded. Property is pretty much unbuildable. Someone will probably buy it off the internet.

if someone buys it, I’ll try to sell them my old gas cooktop for $30,000. That’s 10 grand savings off of this cook stove. Such a bargain.

edit: someone just posted a 10 acre lot near me on Zillow for $2.2 million. Nothing on it. No power, no water. This is insane. Money is worthless.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #37  
I have a sheet of plywood under mine because it's basically shot...
Yep, that is how to have a firm quality bed..

Best yet, a plywood base and hinges on your firm mattress base and you have lots of storage for seasonal clothing.
Mine even have pop up legs to keep the 'firm base' suspended for the seasonal storage/switching of clothing.
A hand full of mothballs assures garment protection.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #38  
Money is worthless.

Now you understand why transferring 40k to a stove is not really a bad idea. I would rather have a stove, that I may or may not use, than a pile of fiat money right now.

People that just hold cash are really in for a surprise...

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #39  
Money is worthless.
Get used to it. Wait until a loaf of sponge bread is 10 bucks. Think it won't happen? It will and soon. FRN's will come on a roll like toilet paper and like toilet paper will only be good for wiping with.

We are rapidly approaching the point where only people with possession of physical commodities will have wealth. Guess that's why I have gold as in physical gold and have for a long time as in pounds. Gold and ammunition and I have both in spades.

Just sold some ammo. Plain old 223's. Sold them for 95 cents a round, cash, sold 1000 of them. Think I had maybe 10 cents in each and the buyer was elated he got them. Now, that is markup.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #40  
OK, I'll admit I'm frugal but also handy.

Just repaired my 22 cu ft freezer that is 23 years old and it still keeps my food good.
Keep vehicles for usually 10 years and maintain as required.
Tractor is an 80 something and has paid for itself many times over just in snow duties alone.

One secret is I usually buy basic appliances (anything for that matter) without digital controls if I can.

Wife just warned me that our washer & dryer is starting to age.
OK, both are basic, no electronics so a wire, switch or gasket might be required plus some labor so I should coax a few more years out of them. Just hoping.