Forty Grand? For a Stove?

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #51  
NOW. Look at what happened to many places in the States over night, in the last year or so. EVERYTHING suddenly changes when there is no more LAW. Or crimes against middle class citizens aren't even noticed.

People with guns, food, gold, and fuel just haven't thought any of this through.

If I was in a gang, I wouldn't engage you in a firefight. I would just set fire to your house. There won't be any law enforcement coming, or any rules of good sportsmanship followed, lol
And exactly where in the states do you live?

• Good Post
Reactions: jmc
   / Forty Grand? For a Stove? #52  
Well, I have a few guns here myself, but glad I live in an area where I don’t need to sleep with one.
don’t need to carry daily either, though I do have a carry permit. Only a few areas where I used to work would I go armed. Mostly I live in an area with very few crimes. And thankful for it.
It isn't hard to do the math on this one; we all know where we shouldn't live... I sure know where I would never live. Me personally, I live in the most beautiful part of America, crime is very low, but present; people are really nice, but not all; we have amazing rural countryside, but zero "city" perks. Life is always a trade off.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #53  
It isn't hard to do the math on this one; we all know where we shouldn't live... I sure know where I would never live. Me personally, I live in the most beautiful part of America, crime is very low, but present; people are really nice, but not all; we have amazing rural countryside, but zero "city" perks. Life is always a trade off.
If the past year has taught us anything it's that living in an urban center is hazardous to your health. Disease, crime, riots, etc. Brick and mortar is dying, theaters are dying, and pro sports are getting eaten by the woke, so there's no longer a lot of the perks that urban life used to have outside of maybe schools. Now that so many have figured out that they can work from home (and companies want this too to save $$$) you're going to see many major cities death spiral ala Detroit, where the only people still there are the ones unable to leave.

Last edited:
   / Forty Grand? For a Stove? #54  
If the past

If the past year has taught us anything it's that living in an urban center is hazardous to your health. Disease, crime, riots, etc. Brick and mortar is dying, theaters are dying, and pro sports are getting eaten by the woke, so there's no longer a lot of the perks that urban life used to have outside of maybe schools. Now that so many have figured out that they can work from home (and companies want this too to save $$$) you're going to see many major cities death spiral ala Detroit, where the only people still there are the ones unable to leave.
As I'm so fond of saying, 90% of this country's problems are big city problems, and they think country folks should be part of the solution to their problems. The area where I live was rural when we moved in, 50 years ago, and it is still rural/suburban, but the country side for miles in every direction is full of "rural" developments.

We also have our share of the low-income apartments built...and being built...here; consequently we recently had our first instance of someone burglarizing one of the cars in the neighborhood. Lots of low hanging fruit for the druggies and thuggies.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #55  
Gotta be careful how I roll over in bed, that 45 kimber makes quite a lump...

Guys that sleep with guns in rural america are some real bad asses. Have you shot your shadow yet?

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #57  
Cookin' irons, shootin' irons... close enough. As long as we don't start talking about steam irons, we're good.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #58  
Or HEAVY IRON and whether or not we should buy some.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #59  
Cookin' irons, shootin' irons... close enough. As long as we don't start talking about steam irons, we're good.

I dunno about that last part .... the way I hear it a steam iron can be used to make a pretty good grilled cheese sandwiches (and quesadillas ) if the food is wrapped in aluminum foil to prevent creating a mess ...

...and apparently a grilled PB&J sandwich is also quite good.....

Guess the simple fact is that iron and heat tend to be pretty good for cooking period. (y) ...add a bit of (high speed) lead to that equation and you can drop some pretty good eats dead in their tracks too

oh ...and regarding the rest of the conversation: not so sure location alone is necessarily a safe thing any more .....or at least not for people working in certain occupations (even the entirely legal ones). Law enforcement being one obvious example, but some other government and private industry occupations may also carry some increased risks as well.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #60  
Onto the original thread topic. Wifey and I went and looked at a house today, $20,000 Thermador range and a $10,000 Sub Zero fridge.... o_O