Forum Rules

beowulf

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3410 HST, J Deere riding mower
As you may have noticed, moderators will issue 7 day bans on any political or religion posts. Everybody knows the rules, please respect them. If you don't respect the rules you will be put in time-out.

There are plenty of places to talk (argue) about current events, politics, and religion. In fact we host an unmoderated forum for just that at www.topnewstalk.com.

Thank you!
I agree totally and welcome that rule - those are two subjects that will cause animosity on whatever side of the issue one is on - and lead nowhere.

But, I see that politics can sometimes slip into a discussion incrementally. An example: I posted a while back about California's proposals to ban gas engines in certain categories of lawn equipment. I did that as sort of a newsworthy 'heads-up', but the politics of that quickly became the focus. And I guess that was predictable. So, sometimes it may be difficult to know precisely where one discussion moves too far into a banned area.

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4
"-Discussion of religious topics

-Discussion of political topics "

Why are these allowed in Signatures? Or if not allowed, why are Signatures with them not dealt with?

A signature is not a discussion

KiotiKowboy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK50SE HST Cub Cadet UTV Swisher RC17552BS NRA_Life
After 10,000+ posts, and being banned twice by a TBN moderator over 6 weeks, I figured out a "fix".
I now do not post on TBN at all!
Spankings are not received well when over 80 years old!
I now live happily over on OTT, where moderators seem to be much more realistic!

I've had my own issues here on TBN.

The rules are the rules - but - the way I see it ........

If you choose to go online and engage in discussions, you need to pull up your panties and deal with it. Anything short of foul verbal assaults or threats should be expected. If you are too "woke" or too timid to hear alternate opinions - get a new diaper and crawl back into your safe space.

Hope this helps.

jaxs

Veteran Member
Tractor
841 ford,MF65,Cub Lowboy,,Ford 600
I agree totally and welcome that rule - those are two subjects that will cause animosity on whatever side of the issue one is on - and lead nowhere.

But, I see that politics can sometimes slip into a discussion incrementally. An example: I posted a while back about California's proposals to ban gas engines in certain categories of lawn equipment. I did that as sort of a newsworthy 'heads-up', but the politics of that quickly became the focus. And I guess that was predictable. So, sometimes it may be difficult to know precisely where one discussion moves too far into a banned area.
Quite frankly I've seen threads alowed to continue simply because noone trashed it. Some ly in wait of a discussion they can trash and cause to be closed.

fried1765

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, 8N Ford, Gravely 12 HP "Professional", 48" SCAG Liberty
Last edited:

sree251

Bronze Member
Tractor
None
Thank you for posting this Muhammad. I totally agree we should keep politics off this forum.

I am adding topnewstalk to my signature right now!
How do you do that? I tried and couldn't register.