Foton 904

/ Foton 904 #1  

lildobr

Tractor
Kioti DK35SE
Hello, everyone : My dad has a 2007 904 Foton with 660hrs on it. The tachometer isn't working so he had me look at it. I found the speed sensor at the flywheel no voltage there.So then I checked fuses they are ok. Next I traced the wire from the speed sensor back to the dashboard. I have power going into the dashboard but no signal coming out to the speed sensor. So do any of you agree that it is most likely the tachometer gauge that is bad? Does someone know how to test it? Thanks, lildobr

/ Foton 904 #2  
Try adjusting speed sensor by backing off nut and turn sensor in by hand until it bottoms out on flywheel then turn out about 3/4 turn, lock nut down and start tractor. Do it gently not to destroy end on sensor.

Ben
Circle G Tractor Sales, Inc.
855-330-5272

/ Foton 904 #3  
   / Foton 904 #4  
I'd first remove the sensor and inspect the tip for damage or corrosion. If bad, replace. If not, clean tip first - then proceed with Ben's advice

//greg//

Last edited:
   / Foton 904 #5  
You might find that all it needs is a good clean and then re-adjust. The magnetic end tends to collect small metal particles, oil and dirt in general. A good clean with brake cleaner or similar would be all it needs. Hopefully the sensor has never been turned in too far in the past.

/ Foton 904
Hello Everyone, My dad replaced the speed sensor that was the problem. The old one was all ground down on the end. Maybe was installed wrong at the factory. Thanks for all your help.

/ Foton 904 #7  
Hello, everyone : My dad has a 2007 904 Foton with 660hrs on it. The tachometer isn't working so he had me look at it. I found the speed sensor at the flywheel no voltage there.So then I checked fuses they are ok. Next I traced the wire from the speed sensor back to the dashboard. I have power going into the dashboard but no signal coming out to the speed sensor. So do any of you agree that it is most likely the tachometer gauge that is bad? Does someone know how to test it? Thanks, lildobr
Check the connecter on the sender those if your making a good connection, had bad connection on my 904 cleaned connection and it worked fine, worth a try.

/ Foton 904 #8  
There is no current involved with the sensor. It is basically a magnetic "flywheel tooth counter" that creates it's own pulse signal: +ve and -ve. Check connections, and check sensor depth setting: With engine stopped, back off lock nut and screw sensor in until it lightly contacts the flywheel, then unscrew 3/4 turn and tighten lock nut. (You may want to remove the sensor for cleaning and inspection).