Found ;2014 Ventrac 4500Y

/ Found ;2014 Ventrac 4500Y #11  
Ventrac and Steiner are both good machines. Although in a class of their own and can't be compared with any other compact.

I would focus more on the Engine options. Seems to me, that in all these machines, in hindsight, there have been great engines and some not so much. Also, some Turbo issues (I believe) with certain Ventrac models.

/ Found ;2014 Ventrac 4500Y #12  
Ventrac and Steiner are both good machines. Although in a class of their own and can't be compared with any other compact.

I would focus more on the Engine options. Seems to me, that in all these machines, in hindsight, there have been great engines and some not so much. Also, some Turbo issues (I believe) with certain Ventrac models.

Is $20,000 a fair price for that particular 500 hour used machine?

/ Found ;2014 Ventrac 4500Y #13  
You can pick up the two included attachments, the slip scoop and deck, on the used market for roughly 3-4k total. So essentially they are asking ~16-17k for the tractor. Assuming that there aren't additional upgrades to the unit, ie added front hydraulics, 12V, 3 pt, etc, that price seems a bit high. In comparison, if you search online through the used dealer inventory you can find newer units with the same or less hours in that price range, possibly even cheaper if you can find a local deal through a private seller.

OP, what type of work did you want to do with the tractor? You can also look for older Ventrac 4100/4200 models as well as the Steiner 420/430 tractors. You can find them for quite a bit less $$$ and they are still great machines depending upon what you want to do with them.

/ Found ;2014 Ventrac 4500Y #14  
It's hard to say. The dollar becomes worthless, and the price of equipment just astounds me. The price does seem a bit high, but sometimes it's best to pay a little more for a really nice machine. You will forget about the price difference soon anyway. A slip scoop does not add much to the value. Steiner and Ventrac mowers are ALWAY out there it seems. I bought my low hour Steiner 430 Diesel ten or so years ago and got a lot of high dollar attahments basically for free, as the guy asked a dealer what they would give him (very little) and I just had to better that.

Buying used. It's all about knowing EXACTLY what you want, watching vigilently, having the cash in hand and truck ready at a moments notice. Good deals NEVER last long. Not even days.

/ Found ;2014 Ventrac 4500Y
how about this one?

4200.jpg141304976_10224147006892292_6253563822040635990_n.jpg

/ Found ;2014 Ventrac 4500Y #17  
Looks nice, but like I said, the engine model would be of importance to me. And I wouldn't particularly want one with a turbo either.