Freak Kubota vs Tree Accident

/ Freak Kubota vs Tree Accident #1  

turkeyvulture

Was mowing next to live oak tree with ROPS folded down. Hinge plate of ROPS
"bumped" into low hanging limb, right where I had just put my hand. Popped index fingertip like a grape, mashed fingernail on ring finger, nail will be coming off. 12 stitches in one finger, 2 in the other.

/ Freak Kubota vs Tree Accident #2  
Ouch. Hate it when that happens. Glad you did not loose a finger or the whole hand.

/ Freak Kubota vs Tree Accident #3  
Was mowing next to live oak tree with ROPS folded down. Hinge plate of ROPS
"bumped" into low hanging limb, right where I had just put my hand. Popped index fingertip like a grape, mashed fingernail on ring finger, nail will be coming off. 12 stitches in one finger, 2 in the other.

Ouch! Hope and pay all goes better for you.

/ Freak Kubota vs Tree Accident #4  
Bet that hurts a lot worse then it sounds, and it sounds REALLY PAINFUL!!!!

/ Freak Kubota vs Tree Accident #6  
Boy can I sympathize -- I smashed my left ring fingertip in a log splitter two weeks ago (there's a thread with plenty of details). Hasn't been fun. I hope you are as lucky as me and everything heals up OK. The first 48-96 hours are the most critical. If you can avoid infection and blood flow is OK, you should be in good shape.

/ Freak Kubota vs Tree Accident #7  
Wow. Accidents happen so quickly. Good luck with the healing.

/ Freak Kubota vs Tree Accident #8  
This has always been a fear of mine. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

/ Freak Kubota vs Tree Accident #9  
Oww.. that makes my finger hurt just hearing about it. Hope it heals up ok.

/ Freak Kubota vs Tree Accident
Here it is 9 months later, glad I have finger but quite numb and slightly deformed on one side. I was thinking the same thing could happen with a hand or arm. Awareness needed! Thanks to all for the support though--not one troll--tractor owners are the best!