Free, easy Photo program

/ Free, easy Photo program #1  

KiotiJohn

So many people have asked me about a good progam to use to get the pic file sizes down but maintain the size. Here's the progam I currently use, and it's VERY easy, and the price is right, free.

PAINT.net

To save your picture and maintain a good size, just open the program and click "File/ OPEN and find the directory where you have your picture saved.

Once it opens, click on FILE/SAVE AS, give it a new name and Click save. You will then get a window that has a slide control for saving the picture in a certain quality. Hold the mouse left button down and drag the slider until you see the file size is under 100K, usually best between about 96K and 97K.

Then go to the forum, type in your post, and check the box that says "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file." Click continue. Then on the next window, click on browse, and navigate to the directory where you new pic was saved and double left click it to attach it. Click continue and your picture should attach. Click continue or post this message, I can't remember which right now. Your post is made with a good sized picture that will look good on the internet.
John

/ Free, easy Photo program
So many people have asked me about a good progam to use to get the pic file sizes down but maintain the size. Here's the progam I currently use, and it's VERY easy, and the price is right, free.

PAINT.net

To save your picture and maintain a good size, just open the program and click "File/ OPEN and find the directory where you have your picture saved.

Once it opens, click on FILE/SAVE AS, give it a new name and Click save. You will then get a window that has a slide control for saving the picture in a certain quality. Hold the mouse left button down and drag the slider until you see the file size is under 100K, usually best between about 96K and 97K.

Then go to the forum, type in your post, and check the box that says "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file." Click continue. Then on the next window, click on browse, and navigate to the directory where you new pic was saved and double left click it to attach it. Click continue and your picture should attach. Click continue or post this message, I can't remember which right now. Your post is made with a good sized picture that will look good on the internet.
John

/ Free, easy Photo program #3  
Thank you, John. I'll have to try that when I get a chance at home to my computer and camera.

/ Free, easy Photo program #4  
Thank you, John. I'll have to try that when I get a chance at home to my computer and camera.