free to me 6x8 needs help - can you tell what i need to buy to fix? what size bearing ?

/ free to me 6x8 needs help - can you tell what i need to buy to fix? what size bearing ? #1  

donn12

Platinum Member
Tractor
B2920 TLB turfs and loaded ags
IMG_1446.jpeg

/ free to me 6x8 needs help - can you tell what i need to buy to fix? what size bearing ? #2  
Wow. That's a first for me. Inner bearing must be completely gone. You need to get it apart and see if the axle and hub are salvagable.

/ free to me 6x8 needs help - can you tell what i need to buy to fix? what size bearing ? #3  
Yeah, there's nothing left of the inner bearing but the axle race. When you've inspected the hub and axle shaft for damage, you can get part numbers from the other side, which will require at least an inspection and repack judging from this. The good thing is they are standard bearings that should be available at any parts store. (pre-shortage era, anyway)

/ free to me 6x8 needs help - can you tell what i need to buy to fix? what size bearing ? #4  
If the trailer is worth anything, just replace the entire axle. There not that expensive and easy to replace.

/ free to me 6x8 needs help - can you tell what i need to buy to fix? what size bearing ? #5  
I also think the hub is shot from the looks of it. Race looks pitted on bottom.

/ free to me 6x8 needs help - can you tell what i need to buy to fix? what size bearing ? #6  
You’re probably going to need a new hub along with new bearings. You’ll have to take it apart and see what all is ruined. The spindle could be damaged as well.

/ free to me 6x8 needs help - can you tell what i need to buy to fix? what size bearing ? #7  
~$300 for a new axle with hubs and be done. Not worth messing with IMO

/ free to me 6x8 needs help - can you tell what i need to buy to fix? what size bearing ? #8  
~$300 for a new axle with hubs and be done. Not worth messing with IMO

I would mess with it unless the spindle was bad. You can probably get a hub and bearings for $100 and change them in half the work of the whole axel.