Free up Amtrol ball valves

/ Free up Amtrol ball valves #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
We've had our Amtrol soda ash unit bypassed since June of last year because of water hammer.

Been monitoring the pH. It has been well above 7 since around September of 2018 until recently. Then it turned 6.9 two weeks ago and 6.7 yesterday. We have copper pipes. Need to above 7.

One of the valves on the Amtrol is stuck.

How to free up. I sprayed the tops of the valves with silicone. No help.

Trying to get another plumber. The plumber we'd been using on this is hard to stand but does good work. He's a blow hard.

/ Free up Amtrol ball valves
Got an answer from Amtrol. They haven't made them in over 15 years. Referred me to Watersoft. Got an immediate answer from them. Ordered a new valve from this web site: Plastic Bypass Valve with Yoke $74.99 with shipping. Called our local well service place that replaced the pump that started the water hammer. They deal with "water filtration systems". The soda ash bed was also serving the purpose. Their guy is on vacation. Hopefully, when he gets back, I'll know when my new valve is to be delivered. Could probably do it myself but my skills are severely unused. You just have to unclamp and slide it away from the main unit and unscrew the water connections. Then reverse the procedure.