Freedom tractor?

/ Freedom tractor? #31  
Good and fair question. Speaking from personal experience, I could not find a new domestic built bulldozer in the size I wanted with the features I needed so there was no real choices to be made. I currently have over 700 hours on it and it's still going strong. Yes, there are some shortcomings such as lack of track frame covers and a belly pan, and poorly designed rock guards, and they are not very heavy for the power they have - not deal breakers if you operate the machine accordingly. Admittedly, they are poor candidates for notch dozing. I have made many modifications such as adding laser operated machine control, winches, etc. It also has a front end loader attachment. So you ask is it just as reliable? I would have to answer yes, even though there is nothing to compare it to. Any ground engaging equipment is going to wear and break, and requires diligent maintenance.
If you perused the list of tractors in my previous post you'll see that some of your "major brands" are in fact made in China and other countries. Any more, "Made in America" in a lot of cases just means "Assembled in America". There is also the demographic factor - how many Rhodes Scholars do you know of that operate tractors regularly?

And by "Assembled in America", most of the times is just mounting the wheels and ROPS in place.

/ Freedom tractor? #32  
I have a 2009 FOTON (FT254) that was bought new. The clock show 675h now and like other working machines of any brand, could have issues, but those I had was easily fixed. I don't have to call a mechanic at $125 per hours that don't work faster or better than me.
I had tow things to almost lift the front of the tractor and lift things with the loader at point the rear wheels almost lift from the ground. In winter, while snowblowing the engine goes down to 1500 RPM full trottle quite often and the engine purrr without missing a beat. It is doing what it is made for and more. The key to keep it reliable is, maintenance.
Parts are usually not hard to find, at a fair price. But, as there is not much brand mechanics, the owner MUST know how to turn a wrench.
If, someone who want to buy a Chinese tractor and have a tool box with only some screw drivers, a hammer and a pair of Vise Grip. STAY AWAY.
But if he knows how to handle a wrench ho will have a good little tractor.
Buyers must make phones calls to Chinese tractor dealer to verify for parts avalibility.
Jacques

Agree with that advice,
Over 26 years, 1500 hours and (real number is probably higher... hrs counted @ PTO speed) on my Shanghai tractor, and eventually going to purchase a smaller tractor for working in tight areas.

Would I consider a Jinma, Foton, or YTO ? Yes I would, especially if it works out as well as the Shanghai/ Rhino.

As previous posters have said verify parts sourcing from suppliers like Affordable, Circle G , Farm Boys or others.