From mt573 to mt7101

/ From mt573 to mt7101 #1  

Saucymynx

Tractor
LS MT7 101 Farmall 656 Ford 2610 Farmall 140. JD 670
I moved to snow country a year ago and needed a big tractor to run a big snowblower. I am an hour from Kubota dealer, three hours from a John Deere dealer, and about 45 minutes from an LS dealer. Everyone speaks highly of the LS dealer, for good reason, so I went with an LSMT 573. Unfortunately, I had nothing but problems with the engine control electronics, with it constantly going into limp mode. The dealer was terrific and worked on it many many times trying to get it right. In fact, about a third of the hours on the machine were back at his shop. I moved on from just blowing snow to cutting and bailing hay and continue to have trouble through the summer. Fortunately you can use the cruise control function to get around the problem I was having but that just was not acceptable. The dealer took the tractor back at full purchase price with 130 hours on the clock, and I moved up to an MT 7101, which I took delivery on last week. You might think I’m crazy for going back with LS, but the dealer support here is just excellent. Also, this tractor has an FPT engine, not an LS, so hopefully I won’t have the same issues I had before. I will probably have some other problem :-(. So far, my first impressions are: it’s a big Tractor! The front tires are 30s and the rears are 30 eights, so it sits up high. The cabin layout is very similar to the MT 573, but I like the windows and the buttons on the B pillar better. So far, the only thing that I am disappointed in is that it only has two remotes, not three. My dealer is working on adding those. So, we shall see how this goes…

/ From mt573 to mt7101 #3  
Congrats and enjoy I hope you have 0 problems with your new one just like I have 0 problems. A great dealer is hard to find but MY LS dealer has been great for me too.

/ From mt573 to mt7101 #4  
Just like cars, trucks, toaster ovens,... every once in a while there is a 'lemon.' Unfortunately, those who get the lemon seem to be very vocal about them. Those who have excellent experiences seem to keep quiet. This casts an unnecessary dark cloud on the manufacture as a whole.

I'm sure you will love your new, and larger, LS! And Congratulations!! I am very happy to hear a positive experience with your LS dealer. I have also had very positive interactions with my dealer, with only a few hiccups.

Now for the important part: where are the photos?!?!? Maybe a video?? 😁

/ From mt573 to mt7101
Just like cars, trucks, toaster ovens,... every once in a while there is a 'lemon.' Unfortunately, those who get the lemon seem to be very vocal about them. Those who have excellent experiences seem to keep quiet. This casts an unnecessary dark cloud on the manufacture as a whole.

I'm sure you will love your new, and larger, LS! And Congratulations!! I am very happy to hear a positive experience with your LS dealer. I have also had very positive interactions with my dealer, with only a few hiccups.

Now for the important part: where are the photos?!?!? Maybe a video?? 😁
That was actually the only problem I had with the tractor. Everything else was great. And when I was using the engine speed control it was a pleasure to hay with. The new tractor is pretty awesome. It is definitely in a different size class. I noticed tonight when I was using it that it is quieter than the MT 573. I guess that’s because it runs at lower RPMs. I picked up a stack of 8 foot logs to cut and it didn’t even sweat! I will work on getting some pictures to post

/ From mt573 to mt7101
Congrats and enjoy I hope you have 0 problems with your new one just like I have 0 problems. A great dealer is hard to find but MY LS dealer has been great for me too.
Thanks. Yes-a good dealer makes all the difference in the world