Oil & Fuel Front axle draining

/ Front axle draining #11  
When it is completely drained and refilled, and as Murphy said, driven then rechecked, the white ball in the site glass should be in the center of the red circle, indicating full, but not overfull.
I don't see any bearing races in those diagrams, just sealed roller bearings.
Some use UTF in the axle, some use 80/90 gear oil. Book says either is good. I choose UTF. YMMV.

/ Front axle draining #12  
HI,
I had this issue with my EX50, the fault is the lower bearing cir clip can rotate and block the drain hole. see previous post http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/247252-2010-dk45se-front-axle-issue.html

I have just this week done the major 500 hour service, and again cant drain the lh final drive, so I removed the lower cir clip and removed the large rubber/ steel lower plug and drained both sides,
this is how I will change the oil from now on as the drain plug is above this level - so any wear metal will be sitting below or in the lower bearing and will not drain out.
I removed the plugs and found quite a bit of wear metal ( nothing to suggest there is a problem ) , cleaned the plug and refitted it and the cir clip - very easy, just need large cir clip pillars.
much better in my opinion.

I just tried to load photo but I will not work !!
cheers

/ Front axle draining #13  
drain.jpg

here you go, arrow points to the drain hole, in this case the cir clip is in correct location and oil will drain, but if cir clip rotates the hole will be blocked and oil can not be drained.
I hope this helps.
cheers

/ Front axle draining #14  
I have a question about front end lube.
Bought my RX6620 new. When I checked the level in the front end - - no oil on the dip stick. I did the service yesterday and drained the oil. Did not measure it, but it was close to 2 gals. The book says 2.2 gals is needed to change it out. So I added 2 gals and just a little more, less than a quart. Checked it and now it's half inch over the full mark. So, is being overfilled a problem? If it was the engine oil I would drain some out, but do I need to bother with it for the front axle?

/ Front axle draining #15  
You want it full, but not over filled. Overfill can lead to pressure build up while operating, and result in blown seals. This is NOT something you want to happen. Not familiar with the specifics of the 6620 axle setup, but there ought to be a sight glass on the center left side of the axle's backside, with a white ball that centers in a red circle when the axle is full, when on level surface. You will have to allow a small amount out at a time until the ball is centered, to be at correct fluid level.

/ Front axle draining #16  
You want it full, but not over filled. Overfill can lead to pressure build up while operating, and result in blown seals. This is NOT something you want to happen. Not familiar with the specifics of the 6620 axle setup, but there ought to be a sight glass on the center left side of the axle's backside, with a white ball that centers in a red circle when the axle is full, when on level surface. You will have to allow a small amount out at a time until the ball is centered, to be at correct fluid level.

Thanks.
I do not think mine has a sight glass. It has a dip stick similar to the crank case dip stick. I will drain a little out, it's not hard. I just have a problem doing things twice.:)

/ Front axle draining #17  
In fact, drive it a bit, let it rest for a half hour or so, and then check the level. The oil is thick enough that when you refill it air can get trapped in the lower gears and make the level look higher than it actually is. Likewise enough oil can be entained in the upper gears to make the level look lower than it really is.

/ Front axle draining #18  
Thanks.
I do not think mine has a sight glass. It has a dip stick similar to the crank case dip stick. I will drain a little out, it's not hard. I just have a problem doing things twice.:)

You're welcome. BTW, you won't be doing it twice, just finishing doing it right the first time. Dipstick, eh? Fancy front end!?:drool:

/ Front axle draining #19  
In fact, drive it a bit, let it rest for a half hour or so, and then check the level. The oil is thick enough that when you refill it air can get trapped in the lower gears and make the level look higher than it actually is. Likewise enough oil can be entained in the upper gears to make the level look lower than it really is.

I changed it yesterday, and have not checked it today. (I'm at work) When I get home I will check it out. I know I had all the old oil drained, it was barely dripping when I put the plugs back in. I did not add more than the 2.2 gals. So one would think it was just right. But, like Coyote machine said. I'm just "finishing doing it right the first time."

/ Front axle draining #20  
And, even though the spec shows 2.2 gallons, it will likely vary from that amount. It's virtually impossible to get all the oil out of any axle, oil or trans. They spec it for what it takes to fill it from empty, before ever having filled it prior. Some fluid will get trapped in the nooks and crannies just like in an English muffin.
Full is when, if lucky enough to have a dipstick, it reads full, after sitting long enough for every bit of oil to settle, then read the stick mark.:)