Front Axle Gear Oil

/ Front Axle Gear Oil #1  

alexsbuddy

Gold Member
Tractor
LS XG3037 w/ LS LL3109 FEL Kodiak SD5 Mower, Speeco Model 65 PHD, Bush Hog BX-600 Box Blade, Titan 42" Skid Steer Pallet Fork/Hay Spear Combo
Does anyone have a recommendation for a SAE 80w-90 GL4 gear oil for the front axle of a XG3037? Just checking to see what others are using. Thanks.

/ Front Axle Gear Oil #2  
I am going to go with Lucas, Valvoline or Mobil . WalMart has these on sale at times. I need 2 gallons for my CK27.

/ Front Axle Gear Oil #3  
My recommendation would be Schaeffers.
Some Schaeffers products can be purchased off Amazon but not all of them. You can also call them and get the name of your local dealer. Of their products I use the gear oil, All trans supreme, grease, fuel additives, engine oil, UTHF all have worked well for me. I find them to be good products that punch above there price points.
One tip what they call “Para synthetic” is just fancy slang for synthetic blend.

This link is to the published info on one of their 80w90 gear oils.
http://www.schaefferoil.com/documents/138-267-td.pdf

/ Front Axle Gear Oil
Thanks for the recommendations. Went with Valvoline 80W-90 GL5, GL4 from my local AutoZone.

/ Front Axle Gear Oil #5  
I see that on my 3135 axle, there is a yellow plastic cap on the right side and a metal cap on the left side. Which side do I fill from and how do I tell when full? Is there a dipstick?

/ Front Axle Gear Oil
The yellow cap on the right side is both the fill and gauge. You want the fluid between the low and high marks.

/ Front Axle Gear Oil #7  
alexsbuddy, Thanks for the info! I just can't afford $299 for a service manual at the moment.

/ Front Axle Gear Oil
My pleasure. We are all here to help one another. Do you have the owners (operator) manual for your tractor? If not, let me know and I can send you a pdf copy.

PS. I don't know many people who can afford the $299 service manual. I got lucky with choosing a great dealer.

/ Front Axle Gear Oil #9  
Does anyone have a recommendation for a SAE 80w-90 GL4 gear oil for the front axle of a XG3037? Just checking to see what others are using. Thanks.

Just did mine with Amsoil

/ Front Axle Gear Oil #10  
Thanks, alexsbuddy. I do have the owner's manual but it is really light on information. I'll try begging my dealer for a service manual or parts thereof.

I agree, this is a great Forum. I really enjoy the friendliness and willingness to help of everyone. Newby to tractors and grateful for all the help.