Front axle pivot point greasing 4035

/ Front axle pivot point greasing 4035 #1  

DutchUncle

Tractor
Mahindra 4035
I have a 4035 Mahindra that has two grease zerks near the front axle. Mahindra calls them "pillow blocks" in the manual. I've greased them, but don't know how much to apply, I can't hear it or see it to know it's full. Any thoughts?

/ Front axle pivot point greasing 4035 #2  
Without knowing who prepped your tractor, I usually put 15-20 pumps in this section before delivery.
If its quite full already and you have a battery powered g gun, the gun itself will provide you a clue as it will strain to put any more grease in.

/ Front axle pivot point greasing 4035
Without knowing who prepped your tractor, I usually put 15-20 pumps in this section before delivery.
If its quite full already and you have a battery powered g gun, the gun itself will provide you a clue as it will strain to put any more grease in.
Thank you, so what I'm hearing is that I can't really over grease it.

/ Front axle pivot point greasing 4035 #5  
Thank you, so what I'm hearing is that I can't really over grease it.
Yes you can most certainly over grease an enclosed bearing. Over greasing creates heat and eventual seal failure.
Look at the area being greased and study the volume output of your grease gun w one squeeze or trigger pull.
Asceratin how many squirts you'll need to grease the area.
For instance, a front tractor axle pivot assembly needs about 15-20 strokes when prepping a tractor for the first time.
It's a large enclosed area on a Mahindra hence the amount of grease.