Grading Front Blade joystick - which way to push

/ Front Blade joystick - which way to push #1  

paparammer

Tractor
Kubota BX1800
The front blade for my BX1800 finally got delivered (only waited about 4+ months and still don't have the skid shoes) and I have a question about hooking up the hydraulics. The hose end caps are all color coded but unfortunately don't match up with those on the tractor. Up/down - no problem - pull back goes up; push forward goes down. My question is: what is the "normal" hookup for swiveling the blade clockwise/counterclockwise> i.e do you connect so that pushing left makes it go clockwise or counterclockwise. I've tried it both ways and can't convince myself which one is better - I could get used to either. But I figure the world must have a standard way and would like to get used to that.

/ Front Blade joystick - which way to push #2  
Here's what I do. I usually am looking at the right corner of the blade and guide by it. I hook up the hoses so that when I am pushing the Joystick to the right, the right corner moves forward and vice versa. There is no official "correct" way--it is just your preference.

JackIL

/ Front Blade joystick - which way to push #3  
With snow plows on trucks, it you push the joy stick to the right, the blade moves toward the right side for right side discharge. Left is just opposite. Joy stick forward is to lower the blade and pull toward you is to raise the blade. There is no industry standard that I know of.

/ Front Blade joystick - which way to push #4  
I've always seen what Junkman described on tractors, plows and airplanes.

/ Front Blade joystick - which way to push #5  
Wow, I never saw an airplane with a front blade... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Front Blade joystick - which way to push #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Wow, I never saw an airplane with a front blade... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )</font>

Before there were jets, they all had them........ /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Front Blade joystick - which way to push
Thanks all. I knew it was a silly little question when I asked. I guess I'll go with push to the right = angles to the right.

/ Front Blade joystick - which way to push #8  
just to put in my $0.02 , don't hink there is any wrong or right way, go with what u fell most comfortable with.

/ Front Blade joystick - which way to push #9  
If You look at the sticker on the stand for the control valve it will show you all the directions (what movement controls what) or at least mine does.

/ Front Blade joystick - which way to push #10  
The boys are right as to the fact that different people perfer hooking up different ways. The way 95% plus is and it does make it easier to learn if you ever drive another piece of equipment but to the right would mean to windrow to the right and to the left is the windrow. That seems to be the standard on dozers, blades on tractors or skid steers or on trucks. You can have it any way you want. But then again, if you do it like the rest some time you might be a little better if you know the way the bulk of the world is doing it. Good luck!!!