Front Blower For B7510?

/ Front Blower For B7510? #1  

robertm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
Anybody have one? How good is it? I can't get interested in twisting around for a rear-mount, so I am considering this option. What can I expect to pay today? I had a lead on a used one a couple years ago, but stupidly, I let it go... what an idiot.

/ Front Blower For B7510? #2  
I had a b2650 front blower on my B7500, it worked very well. I would guess that subframe and blower would now run around 4 grand.

/ Front Blower For B7510?
Yeah, my dealer confirmed the $4k number is correct. OUCH! I may consider the Farm King (Buehler) rear-mount option. I can pick up a 50-incher for about $2,300. For my 150 foot driveway, I think it would work well.

/ Front Blower For B7510? #4  
I have a B7510 with a rear mounted snowblower, I thought it would be a pain in the neck to have to twist in the seat but it's not as bad as it seems. I would agree the front mount blowers are certainly more expensive, but an advantage with the rear mount is you still have your loader to pile or move heavy snow. I always use the bucket in the first part of the winter to clear the snow the plow piles at the end of my drive, after several new shear pins, I got the message. My driveway is a little longer than yours and I have no trouble keeping it opened with a 53" kubota snowblower.

/ Front Blower For B7510? #5  
Yeah, my dealer confirmed the $4k number is correct. OUCH! I may consider the Farm King (Buehler) rear-mount option. I can pick up a 50-incher for about $2,300. For my 150 foot driveway, I think it would work well.

For a 150 ft driveway, I think a rear blower is fine. I use a rear blade and FEL for snow removal and my driveway is about 140 ft. It's just not long enough to get a sore neck from looking behind you IMO.

/ Front Blower For B7510? #6  
I have a B-7500 and a Woods SS-60 rear blower. I do approximately 1,000 feet of road plus the parking area around the house. I find that it is slow with the rear blower, slow enough that I can actually sit sideways in the seat, which is easier on the neck.

No doubt about it the front blower is much nicer and faster with light snow, but the price is tough to lay out for the quick hitch, now around a grand and the blower at around $3,200 so I went the cheap way.

I also added a sunshade, added plexiglas to the rear of the ROPS and a weather break which makes it a bit better when blowing show. First few years I used my snowmobile helmet with a heated face unit. It worked okay but with the weather break it is much nicer and with the heat from the engine coming into the area it is a lot warmer.

wintersnow2.jpg

wintersnow1.jpg

wintersnow3.jpg