Front End Loader coming off in the middle of working.

/ Front End Loader coming off in the middle of working. #1  

Reddogs

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 790 / Kubota L3301
While working on transferring dirt my FEL on my John Deere 790 tractor intermittently comes off. Its a John Deere 10 FEL and I usually have the John Deere 7 Back Hoe attached, has anyone come across this.

/ Front End Loader coming off in the middle of working. #2  
I'm not familiar with a 10 but could be a model 70?

The masts on the 70 have an adjustment on the plates. I literally never took mine off so it could have rusted solid, but mine never popped off before.

/ Front End Loader coming off in the middle of working. #3  
Lol at the notion that a front end loader is "intermittently coming off". How many times have you let your front loader fall off before stopping to figure it out, man? That's madness.

Got any pics? More info? all the mounting bolts are accounted for?

/ Front End Loader coming off in the middle of working.
I'm not familiar with a 10 but could be a model 70?

The masts on the 70 have an adjustment on the plates. I literally never took mine off so it could have rusted solid, but mine never popped off before.
I adjusted but since it locks to the bend on the mast, it seems be slipping out. It's gotten to the point that I am about ready to weld them on permanently...

Lol at the notion that a front end loader is "intermittently coming off". How many times have you let your front loader fall off before stopping to figure it out, man? That's madness.

Got any pics? More info? all the mounting bolts are accounted for?
Well it's one of the reasons got the L3301, dealing with that one now..but that's another story..

/ Front End Loader coming off in the middle of working. #6  
Pictures will help diagnose your issue.

Pictures will help diagnose your issue.
Well the reason is simple, the base arm has a bend pressed in it at 45 degree angle to hold it against the lock. But too much weight and driving down the road makes the FEL bounce up and down and now the bend is more like 30 degree angle, and it no longer presses hard against the lock. Bad design..

Here is a JD 70 FEL photo and notice the lock with 2 bolts at the bottom of the base, that holds the FEL in place at the base..

Attachments

• JD 70 Front End Loader.jpg
    JD 70 Front End Loader.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 79