Front function

/ Front function #1  

coupman35

Gold Member
Tractor
Now a L4060 had B2650
Am thinking of adding a front function on my tractor i have a 7 foot plow that can be angle , so id need function in the front . I look in to it whit the dealer it cost close to 1500.00$ that a bit more then id like to pay so am going to use one of my back remote i have 3 of them .Now is 3/8 hose and fitting a good size .Maybe down the line am going to get a grapple and a tree puller.

/ Front function #2  
I ran 3/8"from my rear remotes to the front for my blade or grapple they both will move quite rapidly.
Rear remotes1.jpg rear to front remotes2.jpg rear to front remotes3.jpg

/ Front function
Now just waiting for my L4060 to measure for my back and front hose .Saw a you tub clip looks pretty simple and way cheaper

/ Front function #4  
So I have a similar setup however I am having an issue where I am blowing the O Ring on the rear remotes. I hit a chuck of ice and I'm guessing the pressure of the hit blew the ORing.

How can I add a something to relieve the pressure instead of blowing the O ring

/ Front function #5  
So I have a similar setup however I am having an issue where I am blowing the O Ring on the rear remotes. I hit a chuck of ice and I'm guessing the pressure of the hit blew the ORing.

How can I add a something to relieve the pressure instead of blowing the O ring
Cross over relief valve. It will dump excess pressure on one side hydraulic into the opposite side thus avoiding pressure spikes.
Dave M7040

Attachments

• Cross over relief valve on tractor blade.jpg
    Cross over relief valve on tractor blade.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Crossover cushion relief valve CRV-3 (Medium).JPG
    Crossover cushion relief valve CRV-3 (Medium).JPG
    413.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Cross over relief valve on plow.jpg
    Cross over relief valve on plow.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 104
   / Front function
If am going to add a plow in front whit angel . will i need Cross over relief valve to run thiis plow or am ok whit just the function from the back.

/ Front function #7  
Won't hurt could save a valve

/ Front function #8  
I would also highly recommend a crossover relief valve. I'm generally very conservative while plowing, but while pushing back piles of snow this past winter I hit the relief valve several times.

/ Front function #10  
For $10 more I'd go with the 30 gpm even if your tractor is not capable of the 30 gpm an impact or severe push on one corner of the blade could generate quite a spike. Same fittings size and a more realist pressure setting range.