Front Mounted snowblower

/ Front Mounted snowblower #1  

KevinMcD

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
I am looking into buying a snowblower for my Kioti 30KHST tractor. I haved searched the forums and there is alot of info on rear PTO snowblowers but not much on front mounted blowers. I have about 1500' of driveway I will be cleaning and think doing it in reverse will be a tough job. My questions are.... how are the front mount vs the rear PTO type, will a 30HP tractor with a 12GPM pump handle a front mounted unit and has anyone had any experience with the front mounted type? Thanks in advance.
Kevin McD.

/ Front Mounted snowblower #2  
Have you searched a bit, as there have been several threads in the last 2-3 weeks on front mounted snow blowers? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Front Mounted snowblower
I've searched this forum, as well as the attachment forum for Nov/Dec time frame. I can't find anything. Do you know what forum it was in? Thanks.

/ Front Mounted snowblower #4  
I sent you a PM with some suggestions. Happy holidays everyone!!

/ Front Mounted snowblower #5  
My dealer had mentioned KIoti was developing a front mounted blower but he wasnt sure if it would be ready by mid winter or maybe not till next fall.

/ Front Mounted snowblower #6  
Erskine makes both rear mount and front mount snowblowers. Their rear mount is different than most in that it is forward facing, meaning you drive forward when using it. Their front mount has a universal mount that can be adjusted to fit the Kioti's. We have installed them on both the CK20's and CK30's. The mount frame goes under the tractor to the rear drawbar and the driveshaft runs back the mount, using the rear PTO. They are well made. List prices start about $5500 for the frontmounts. Erskine's website is www.erskineattachments.com. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Front Mounted snowblower #7  
Kioti has scrapped the front mount snowblower this year they said they did not get enough orders from their dealer to meet the manufactures numbers to be able to produce them.
I was very excited when I heard about but like you end users I am now very disapointed. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Front Mounted snowblower #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( List prices start about $5500 for the frontmounts.)</font>

I paid $1800 for my brand new JRW 60" rear mount snowblower. That will be the day when I pay an extra $3700 just so I don't have to look backwards ! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Now that I think about it. I would much rather have the rear-mount. I can see everything in front of and behind the snowblower. I highly doubt anyone can do that with a front mount. This helps me see if I am digging up the gravel driveway or not running it low enough to grab all the snow. That is prob. why I have only snapped one shear bolt so far /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Front Mounted snowblower #9  
I don't mean to pop anyone's bubble here but that looks like a real waste of money .I do not think a drive ahead "pull behind blower" would work well in real snow conditions . I am sure that it would do a good job on very lite , uncompacted snow maybe 8 " or less . Did anyone else notice it is suppose to handle 20" plus , base on the cutter height information and different models avalible ???. If I need to turn around and drag a snow drift down so I can get through it ,where is the advantage ? If you have ever blown snow professionally , the last thing you want is to compact it ,by running over it first . One of the worst "chewing outs" I ever recieved was for wind rowing,with a Cat grader , the snow too tight for the industrial blower that was following me on Interstate 80 . I like front mounted blowers because of the obivous reasons . I also like rear mounted Blowers because they are cheaper and within financial reach of most homeowners with small tractors . Their down fall is driving backwards and sore necks . I have a very big 70 ", rear mounted Trackless blower that can and will make a cut about 30" depth cut at one pass .And yes, my neck gets sore from the mile of private road I maintain . But it gets the job done very well . I am not knocking the company's quility of the unit ,it looks well made . I just think it would operate and perform at less than the desired and expected results . I have been wrong before and this of course is only my 2 cents . I do not mean to offend anyone .

/ Front Mounted snowblower #10  
For myself the front mount snowblower was not an option,yes it's more expensive,but I wasn't about to give up my FEL to have it, as for the rear mount pull forward type I had a close look at those, but I found them pricey, so I decided to go with the best set up for me, rear mount sore neck kind, and love it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif...cag

Attachments

• 796954-DSC01169.jpg
    796954-DSC01169.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 247