Front Porch Security Options

/ Front Porch Security Options #21  
Very snowy here today and I sure hope they don't 'deliver' any packages as for sure the city plow will bury them as he speeds by.

A neighbor uses temperature sensitive medications that went astray last summer.
He eventually found them but delivered 4/5 houses away from his address.

Last edited:
   / Front Porch Security Options #22  
FEDEX was supposed to deliver a package to my brother. They delivered it three blocks away on a different street. They claimed that the package was signed for. When he got the notice of delivery he checked and found nothing. They sent him a picture and he was able to recognize the location.

When he went to the location - a commercial business office, they had his package on their counter. He asked who signed for it, and they said "nobody". It was just left by FEDEX on their counter while nobody was at the counter.

FEDEX driver just made up a name and signed for the package he delivered to the incorrect address.

This is not unusual for FEDEX.
Yep, happens here too. We've had more bad FEDEX drivers than good. And they change 3 or 4 times a year. We've had the same UPS driver for at least 10 years. I attribute this to FEDEX being contract drivers, UPS being employees.

/ Front Porch Security Options
Put in the report on missing items with FedEx on Saturday via their "automated assistant". I have a case number but not a single other form of communication from them. No estimate on time frame. No info on what happens next. No info anywhere on their site about how to contact them any other way.

We have snow and ice on the ground here too but it is melting fast. A lot more north of us. Not sure how this will affect deliveries.

/ Front Porch Security Options #24  
The weather conditions won't help but even in the ideal conditions the FEDEX service is subpar.

/ Front Porch Security Options #25  
FEDEX was supposed to deliver a package to my brother. They delivered it three blocks away on a different street. They claimed that the package was signed for. When he got the notice of delivery he checked and found nothing. They sent him a picture and he was able to recognize the location.

When he went to the location - a commercial business office, they had his package on their counter. He asked who signed for it, and they said "nobody". It was just left by FEDEX on their counter while nobody was at the counter.

FEDEX driver just made up a name and signed for the package he delivered to the incorrect address.

This is not unusual for FEDEX.

Yup. One of my neighbors delivered one of my packages after FedEx left it at his house.

/ Front Porch Security Options #28  
Most FedEx drivers are contractors, not FedEx employees. Very little vetting is done before hiring. A warm body with a drivers license is just about all that is required. It's no surprise that there are so many issues.

News stories like this one are happening more and more frequently:

A video recording showing no delivery at the time FedEx claims it was made won't stand up in court. FedEx and or their lawyer will simply argue the time stamp on the video was altered or inaccurate. I doubt FedEx will even care you have one.

/ Front Porch Security Options #29  
In our area, we cringe if we find that a package has been sent FedEx. Seems like it's a 50-50 chance of seeing it. All the other delivery services do very well.

/ Front Porch Security Options #30  
In our area, we cringe if we find that a package has been sent FedEx. Seems like it's a 50-50 chance of seeing it. All the other delivery services do very well.
That has been our experience.