Front tire goes flat with tube

/ Front tire goes flat with tube #1  

kfschaefer

Tractor
MF GC 2400
I have a 2009 MF GC2400 with original ag tires. Over last year the right front kept going flat or at least needing air between use. I took it to two different tire stores and they found no reason for why it was loosing air. They put in a new valve stem and a few months later I took them back and we put a tube in them. It did not work after a about 3 months as now the tube is flat and valve stem is inside of tire rim.

I figure it must be the rim or something as I am stumped. It is the right front tire and I do have a FEL and Belly Mower. I do not do a lot of hard work with the tractor and am just at a loss to figure out what is happening. I am considering buying a new rim as the tire is in good shape. Do rims have a habit of causing not being able to keep tire inflated?

Thanks for any ideas.

/ Front tire goes flat with tube #2  
Yes they do. Why not toss it into a dog swimming pool and see if you can make the valve stem bubble.

/ Front tire goes flat with tube #4  
Had similar and it was 50/50 if I could do planned work as planned.

Ended up foam filling and have not had a tire issue in 8 years.

I also had a wheelbarrow that would always be flat... used SLIME and it never goes flat... just a little a little soft in extended storage.

/ Front tire goes flat with tube #5  
I know exactly what's causing it to loose air. It's between 3 and 4 feet tall,around 40-50 pounds with redesh blonde hair and loves helping Dad around the house. BTDT

/ Front tire goes flat with tube #6  
Look into the cost of getting them foam filled at an industrial tire shop (forklift/skidsteer). Did the GC2300 fronts when new, haven't had any issues that last 15 years. I don't drive on pavement, so no excessive wear. The rears will probably rot before the fronts wear out. One rear is already tubed due to weather checking, the other looks like it will need it soon.

/ Front tire goes flat with tube
Thanks everyone as I do know that there is no 3’ or 4’ foot problem although the 6’2” gray haired who thinks he knows more than he actually might be more of a problem. I am hesitant to add anything inside the tire except maybe foam as I have slimed a bunch of other tires and while it worked for awhile, it was not fun to deal with when I had to work on the tire later. I think I am not helping the issue since I was so happy to have both front tires tubed, that I did not check the air pressure like I used to before the tubes went in. Now the tube’s valve stem is inside the tire.:( It does seem this is an issue for a lot of us.

/ Front tire goes flat with tube
Update. Going to take tubes out and try this stuff.

/ Front tire goes flat with tube #9  
Update. Going to take tubes out and try this stuff.

Should work, but I use the MultiSeal/FlatOut I linked earlier. Tested to 1/2" holes on Youtube, fix a 1" gash for my Kioti's front. Also fixed a repeatedly holed tire on another tractor with tube (that leaked) AND Slime (that didnt work) already in it for me as as well. Like in 1 second flat. Fixed slower leak in another tire on same tractor.

While TireJect looks to be the same type of stuff, I don't have any experience with it, but watch this vid:

/ Front tire goes flat with tube #10  
I had the same problem once, turned out to be one of those Chinese tubes that had the tinyiest of leaks on what looked like a molding join. New tube, no more problem.