Front Tire Popped Off Bead

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
I was lifting the biggest stump yet and while slowly backing up I turned the steering wheel all the way and heard POP. Front left tire.

My first real job was at Art and Bills Enco gas station changing oil and plugs and tires etc etc. It was a "service station".

Sometimes when changing tires the new tire wouldn't seat on the wheel so you jacked it around and hugged it and fiddled and when none of that worked you got a hose that you would wrap around the tire, then fill the hose with air, compressing the tire, forcing it to seat.

I ain't got one of them so.....

I tried a small ratchet strap but too small.

Today i'm trying a bigger ratchet strap but if it doesn't work i will remove the tire and take it to a friends. He has an air tank that dumps a large amount of air at once, he says that works.

I have read about putting some starting fluid in and lighting that. I'm not quite ready for that yet but i like it!

I know i can take it to a tire shop but i like to fix stuff myself, if i can.

I'm gonna try the bigger ratchet strap and the air dump today. Any other suggestions?

thx

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #4  
Jack it up make sure the seats are clean and use the ether. Way easier than the alternative.

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead
Jack it up make sure the seats are clean and use the ether. Way easier than the alternative.
it's jacked up....the seats are clean and lubed but

i'm a puss. if you were here i'd bring you a coffee and watch!

thx again!

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #6  
Valve Core out to seat?

It's made the difference for me being able to blast more to seat...

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #7  
^^^^^ That right there.

I also have a clamp-on filler air tip without the internal valve depressor. The more air flow the better chance of seating the tire. And the little 12v compressors just ain't goin' to do it. 😏

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #8  
Today i'm trying a bigger ratchet strap but if it doesn't work i will remove the tire and take it to a friends. He has an air tank that dumps a large amount of air at once, he says that works.

Remove the valve stem core. Works more gooder that way.
I have read about putting some starting fluid in and lighting that. I'm not quite ready for that yet but i like it!

It works, just be careful. Of course, take the weight off the tire first. That's more of a 'field' repair. If you can get the tire off, take it to your buddy's or to a repair shop. More than likely, the tire shop will just grin and re-seat it for nothing
I know i can take it to a tire shop but i like to fix stuff myself, if i can.

I'm gonna try the bigger ratchet strap and the air dump today. Any other suggestions?

thx

In the future, when you know you're gonna put some serious weight/strain on the front end, make sure to put more air in the tires. I always have a battery powered inflator nearby. I usually forget, though

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #9  
Mr. Fankenbota, I've got your same tractor size, and rolled my left front tire off also.

3 inch ratchet strap worked for me.

But just to be prepared...

Ya'll who are actually "blowing up" your tires...what are the detailed steps?

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #10  
Mr. Fankenbota, I've got your same tractor size, and rolled my left front tire off also.

3 inch ratchet strap worked for me.

But just to be prepared...

Ya'll who are actually "blowing up" your tires...what are the detailed steps?
Step one. Be careful.
Step two. Spray carburetor fluid in tire.
Step three. Light a stick.
Step four. Be careful.
Step five. Touch flame near tire so she blows.
Step six. Make sure fire is out.
Step seven. Air up the tire.

Good luck!