Front Tire Popped Off Bead

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead
many thx to all.

i want to try the starting fluid trick but need to see it done in person. i do believe it works!

when i left the tractor on blocks monday there was a 1/8 inch gap between tire and wheel.

After a cold nite the gap disappeared. i thought i'd got lucky but no, it still wouldn't take air so..

i pulled the wheel off, took it to a neighbor that had a big compressor.

First try the tire seated and bingo, done.

I was lucky. The air pressure in the other tire was low and i also re torqued all the nuts so alls well and...

thx again!

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #32  
The ether works....but as mentioned be careful. I usually only resort to that as a last ditch effort.

I have been injured and bruised more trying to use ratchet straps.....or rather trying to take them off. Of worse, of you have one bust. They arent exactly a safe method either.

But as mentioned before and I'll say it again....take out valve core. And put the quic coupler with no attachment right on the valve stem.

That is the FASTEST way short of a bead blaster to get lots of air in the tire. And thats the goal, you have to get air in faster than it is getting out to start making pressure.

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead
The ether works....but as mentioned be careful. I usually only resort to that as a last ditch effort.

I have been injured and bruised more trying to use ratchet straps.....or rather trying to take them off. Of worse, of you have one bust. They arent exactly a safe method either.

But as mentioned before and I'll say it again....take out valve core. And put the quic coupler with no attachment right on the valve stem.

That is the FASTEST way short of a bead blaster to get lots of air in the tire. And thats the goal, you have to get air in faster than it is getting out to start making pressure.
yea, thx again.

editorial comment.....

Ratchet straps are a PITA if you only use them 2-3 times a year. every time i use them i must re-educated myself and that ain't easy!

Once you figure them out, like females, they are fine.....JOKE

I bought my rtv from a sarge in fayettnam who was gettin out, selling everything, heading home.

in the back of the rtv were a bunch of mil spec ratchet straps and a mil spec extension cord. i was in that business so i looked up the specification. 20-30-40 pages of specs.

I was surprised and very disappointed that the actual metal ratchet said, big as chit, MADE IN CHINA

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #34  
Once you figure them out, like females, they are fine.....JOKE
Like my Hero, Big Al, sez; Who wants to understand them? They understand themselves and they hate each other! :)

BDEo.gif

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #37  
Why would I say anything here ? 1) Never set fire to your tractor or any parts of it. Whatever you thought was a good idea is not. 2) Borrow the blast seating tank/tool if available. Designed for exactly this situation. OR 3) Do not take it off the rim. Unbolt and take to a tire shop. You will outlive the humiliation.

May as well try the ratchet strap first since you won't be out anything.

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #38  
You got it done but the starting fluid would be cool. Only need to be sure someone is videoing you. YouTube is full of videos, most work fine, some - well, the person was still alive to post the video.

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #39  
Just be thankful it only rolled the tire off. I did this with my 2155 jd and it broke the spindle off. Fortunately I had the bucket close to the ground.

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #40  
Just be thankful it only rolled the tire off. I did this with my 2155 jd and it broke the spindle off. Fortunately I had the bucket close to the ground.
Wow! How on earth did a tire coming off break a spindle ? Was it the 2WD version of the 2155 ?