Front Tire Wear

/ Front Tire Wear #1  

tshell

Tractor
JD 420
John Deere X540 lawn tractor, ~200 hours, bought new 2015 - the front tires have tread worn off on the outside of both front wheels. Carlisle Turf Master 16x6.50 - 8NHS. Is it possible my 1 1/2 acres of grass is doing this, is it the "driver", or is there such a thing as alignment like on a car? I think this is odd and wonder if I should take the tires off and reverse them on the wheels to even out. My neighbor who is good on lawn tractors says it's hard to get the tires off and on. Any comments or advice? Thanks

Attachments

• 20220508_145101.jpg
    20220508_145101.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 102
  • 20220508_145005.jpg
    20220508_145005.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 115
   / Front Tire Wear #2  
There should be adjustable end links on the tie rods to correct the alignment. That wear pattern looks a little more like the tires are underinflated, as they are worn on the inside as well when compared to the center. Could also be that you take turns too fast. Just speculating, though.

/ Front Tire Wear #3  
John Deere X540 lawn tractor, ~200 hours, bought new 2015 - the front tires have tread worn off on the outside of both front wheels. Carlisle Turf Master 16x6.50 - 8NHS. Is it possible my 1 1/2 acres of grass is doing this, is it the "driver", or is there such a thing as alignment like on a car? I think this is odd and wonder if I should take the tires off and reverse them on the wheels to even out. My neighbor who is good on lawn tractors says it's hard to get the tires off and on. Any comments or advice? Thanks
Do you have young male children? Is someone doing donuts in the driveway? 😉

/ Front Tire Wear
Do you have young male children? Is someone doing donuts in the driveway? 😉
No, 2 daughters and I'm an old male child, but will admit to turning circles in the road to dry the deck after washing it. Stopped that practice a while back, and didn't notice this, but now you have me wondering if I actually did it?? Hmmm...darn boomer. I'll check the tire pressure, but what about reversing the tires on the wheel? Is it as hard as I'm told to do by hand?? Thanks Bill!

/ Front Tire Wear #5  
It,s not hard to reverse the tires. I took mine to a regular repair garage and he did switch them both in about 20 minutes for 20 bucks.I wore mine out doing sharp turns on pavement while cutting my lawn at a 45 degree angle.

/ Front Tire Wear #6  
I would think you could just swap the tires from left to right as aren't both rims the same? That would reverse the tires very easy and cheap.