Front tires caused axle failure...?

/ Front tires caused axle failure...? #111  
This is an Europe or US thing either. Tractors are pretty much the same worldwide, except for different features/options here and there.

All I said was that the tractors weren't design the in first place for loaders and still are not designed for loaders. The fact that they come with loaders with a manufacturers name on it, doesn't mean it was designed to have a loader. The loader is there because there is a demand for it and the manufacturer offer it. Most loaders are actually build by someone else for the tractor manufacturers.

If they changed the front axles over time, was mostly to accommodate for more steering angles and 4 wheel drive drive-train.

Any machine with loader, will have to change seals much more frequently. Either tractors, telehandlers, even actual loaders.. It's just the nature of the beast.

No one questioned if you were abusing your tractor or not. As far as I know, it's not my tractor, so I don't give a crap if you break it or not. I don't wish you that, but I still don't give a crap. You abuse it all you want.

If the tractors were actually designed for a loader, it would end up looking pretty much like a loader wouldn't it? With a bigger axle and wheels on the front to support all the extra forces.
You cant disagree with my strong disagreement, thats un-American. The tractors like the old Ford 8n might not be design for a FEL but todays tractor are, lifting a bucket full of dirt and or spinning tractor tires when stuck is NOT abusing a tractor but tug-o-war might be. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.........

/ Front tires caused axle failure...? #112  
You cant disagree with my strong disagreement, thats un-American. The tractors like the old Ford 8n might not be design for a FEL but todays tractor are, lifting a bucket full of dirt and or spinning tractor tires when stuck is NOT abusing a tractor but tug-o-war might be. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.........
I disagree....my Kubota has been worked both co.mercial and non-commercial w/o a peep out of it. When i started looking around at smaller 4x4 tractors, they had the beefiest and stronger front axles. Even though its on a 40hp tractor, it will dig, load, run hard, in and out of 4wd. Tire inflation is such miniscule changes that it aint worth pissin with. I keep my fronts at the max, 45 lbs to keep them from rolling off the rim when loaded heavy in the bucket and turning on terrain....

/ Front tires caused axle failure...? #113  
Oh, and after 20 yrs of hard work, but not abused, and serviced regularly, never had seal leaks or any other front end issues...nuff said

/ Front tires caused axle failure...? #114  
I disagree....my Kubota has been worked both co.mercial and non-commercial w/o a peep out of it. When i started looking around at smaller 4x4 tractors, they had the beefiest and stronger front axles. Even though its on a 40hp tractor, it will dig, load, run hard, in and out of 4wd. Tire inflation is such miniscule changes that it aint worth pissin with. I keep my fronts at the max, 45 lbs to keep them from rolling off the rim when loaded heavy in the bucket and turning on terrain....

I'm not sure I know what your disagreeing with, can you clarify your disagreement? It sounded more like agreeing then disagreeing but now I'm kunfued.............

/ Front tires caused axle failure...? #115  
I think it's a case of one man's use is another's abuse. Though I'm not quite sure who is doing what to which.

/ Front tires caused axle failure...? #118  
How do you know that the front axle is stronger on one tractor versus another by just looking at it? The circumference may look larger but you have no idea if the axle is cast, forged or the thickness of the metal.

/ Front tires caused axle failure...? #119  
Something I learned after servicing a few 4WD CUT front knuckles:

Any chance you get, check for gear lash/slop from side to side, and from each side to the front drive shaft. (The second one can point to a side that needs shimmed within, bearings, or whatever/wherever.)

Among things that can shock-load any component is excess 'play' between its power source and load. (got shear pins? :D)

btw, I can write off a single failure to past causes anytime and never wonder why. That said I'll go forensic on a second occurrence. :)