Front Wheel Bearing Replacement - looking for thin metal clips used

/ Front Wheel Bearing Replacement - looking for thin metal clips used #1  

kb5won

Tractor
BX25, TG1860, G1800S
There is a circular clip made out of spring metal similar to an external circlip used on the wheel bearings on the front wheels of my G1800S and TG1860 (I think the same wheel is used on all the G series tractors) I can't find a part number for the clip. Any ideas?

A couple of years ago I just ordered new wheel assemblies, which came with the wheel, bearings, and tires. (Kubota part number K3511-99200), but I wanted to use ag-tread tires for this one, so I figured I'd just replace the bearings instead. (Plus Kubota jacked the price up another 30% over what I paid last time) One of the little metal clips was missing, I destroyed one getting it removed, so I think I need at least 2 more now. I think the only purpose the clips serve is to prevent you from pressing the bearings in too far. Or maybe they prevent the bearings working themselves into the wheel over time? Anyway, these little clips aren't shown on either of the illustrated parts lists for either of the tractors I have. Any idea how I can get some more of these clips? The slot in the bearings where the clip sits looks narrower than a circlip would be. I haven't tried a standard circlip yet.

/ Front Wheel Bearing Replacement - looking for thin metal clips used #2  
take the clip to a gearing supply company store. If you cant go in person call them ( or more than 1) and tell them what you are looking for. Place the clip on a ruler and take a picture. Tell the sales person you have a picture you can send to them. They will take it from there.
I am surprised your dealer doesnt have them in stock.

/ Front Wheel Bearing Replacement - looking for thin metal clips used
I am surprised your dealer doesnt have them in stock.
I can't find the part number-- it's not shown in the Kubota illistrated parts book. I haven't called a dealer to ask them yet. That is probably a logical first step!

/ Front Wheel Bearing Replacement - looking for thin metal clips used
   / Front Wheel Bearing Replacement - looking for thin metal clips used #6  
nope, I don't see a match there. I'll take a pic of an old one and post it here so you see what I'm looking at. It acts like a circlip. (a circlip might work, but haven't searched for one yet -- looking to use Kubota part if I can)
I see now what you want, post a picture, I'll bet Amazon has them too!..

/ Front Wheel Bearing Replacement - looking for thin metal clips used #7  
dealer can look it up... drop it plus a couple extra in to a envelope and mail it to you.