FROPS pins

/ FROPS pins #1  

Bill_Ryan

Bronze Member
Tractor
TC35D
Are the "pins" for the FROPS supposed to be key ring type pins or should they be like the other quick release pins on the tractor (flip snap ring and pull pin).

Are they "key ring" type pins for safety or ???

I like the quick disconnect type pins (flip up ring and pull pin) as opposed to having to unthread the key ring type on both sides.

Bill

Bill Ryan
EnDeering Acres Farm
Deering, NH

/ FROPS pins #2  
They're supposed to be the 'key-ring' type pins...and what a pain

The pin on the right side comes out fine, but the one on the left side of mine requires a hammer -- or was it "percussion instrument"?

/ FROPS pins #3  
Bill,

Congrats on the new machine!

NH seems to intend the "pins" to be the key ring type. Apparently they want to encourage us to keep the FROPS up and not move it down. Unfortunately it has the opposite effect on me (Ok, don't you all jump on me now). I have to roll it down to do some work under trees so I take the time to undo the ring pins and fold the FROPS down and put the pins back on. However, once I am done with the under the trees work I end up not putting the FROPS back up because it is a little aggravating. I now have quick connect pins on my list of items to get from Farm&Fleet.

The first couple times I moved the FROPS I had to use one of those "percussion" tools. It seems to get a little easier each time.

DaveV

DaveV

/ FROPS pins #4  
I have some very small lynch-pins, but they are too large to fit through the holes in the ROPS-pins. I may drill larger holes or change them for the hairpin type. The problem with hairpin types is that they often get snatched out by brush/limbs, but probably not a problem that high up on the ROPS./w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

JimI

/ FROPS pins #5  
The pins on my FROPS are simply spring-loaded.Pull,twist 90deg to hold out,Then do the other and lay thr FROPS back lock realese pins to hold it in place.Makes it nice and easy...LOVE that TC21D...

Lil' Paul
Proud owner of TC21D
Laziness is the Father of invention.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ FROPS pins #6  
I have to aggree with the tightness comments. I took a drill to mine. They are still pretty snug but at least I don't have to beat on them to get 'em out any more. If I ever remember some day I will probably get a different style of pins at Fleet Farm too since dealing with the hairpins is a pain. Would have been nice if NH would have come up with some sort of self-contained locking system that could just be latched & unlatched...

Troy

Troy