Frost plug heater troubles

/ Frost plug heater troubles #1  

Hulapopper

Tractor
Satoh buck
New to forum. I'm trying to replace a frost plug heater on a satoh buck. It is a Katz brand. Unable to remove old one from block, any tips or tricks? Missing in pic is plastic cover and wiring.
katz heater.jpg

/ Frost plug heater troubles
New to forum. I'm trying to replace a frost plug heater on a satoh buck. It is a Katz brand. Unable to remove old one from block, any tips or tricks? Missing in pic is plastic cover and wiring. View attachment 818081
Could this be moved to the satoh forum, newb mistake.

/ Frost plug heater troubles #3  
That almost looks like a press fit but I have never seen a press fit block heater. Do you have a replacement heater to look at for reference on how it installs?

That almost looks like a press fit but I have never seen a press fit block heater. Do you have a replacement heater to look at for reference on how it installs?
I do not have a replacement yet. Need a measurement. Original is a thicker steel, not brass like most new ones.

/ Frost plug heater troubles #5  
That center bolt wouldn't operate the wings on the back side by any chance, similar to a toggle bolt. If it is, a tap on the bolt should knock the wings free. Any frost plug block heater I've ever seen typically uses the same type of clamping arrangement, not saying this one isn't different somehow. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.

/ Frost plug heater troubles #6  
New to forum. I'm trying to replace a frost plug heater on a satoh buck. It is a Katz brand. Unable to remove old one from block, any tips or tricks? Missing in pic is plastic cover and wiring. View attachment 818081
You could try prying on the bolt or you can take a punch and knock it loose.

That center bolt wouldn't operate the wings on the back side by any chance, similar to a toggle bolt. If it is, a tap on the bolt should knock the wings free. Any frost plug block heater I've ever seen typically uses the same type of clamping arrangement, not saying this one isn't different somehow. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.
It does. Knocked the wing into water jacket.

You could try prying on the bolt or you can take a punch and knock it loose.
Cannot get anything in there to pry. I have smacked it with a punch.