Fruit Loss

/ Fruit Loss #1  

Alan W.

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3650 & Bobcat 763G & Craftsman DGS6500
23 degrees here this morn. Had small peaches already on the trees and the apples were in full bloom. Plan to go out and check for damage this afternoon.
Anyone else having this luck.

/ Fruit Loss #2  
We loose a majority of our apples about two out of five years. Apples will be in full bloom and we get a killing frost. Major producers here in Ea WA will have LARGE fans mounted on towers in their orchards.

/ Fruit Loss #3  
We had 23 here too, and supposed to be similar tonight. Our peaches are at about half to three quarter bloom stage, so I'll be surprised if we get any again this year. Last year we had zero peaches, losing all blooms at about this same stage. Very disappointing to see after this long cold spring, we really like to have that normal burst of life when these things start to fruit.

/ Fruit Loss #4  
Our trees have just started blooming. Here was my view this morning. Also have some early corn planted but it's not sprouted above ground yet so everyone is hoping it'll survive. Our weather forcast shows us freezing every night for the next three. Calling for 3-5" of snow tomorrow but I'm hoping they miss that one.

Attachments

• 20200415_065953.jpg
    20200415_065953.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 136
   / Fruit Loss #5  
We had 23 here too, and supposed to be similar tonight. Our peaches are at about half to three quarter bloom stage, so I'll be surprised if we get any again this year. Last year we had zero peaches, losing all blooms at about this same stage. Very disappointing to see after this long cold spring, we really like to have that normal burst of life when these things start to fruit.

We got our first snow 28 October. Here we are 170 days later with another snow. I've lost track, but am thinking somewhere around 20 snows. None big. A lot of 1-3".

/ Fruit Loss #6  
We got our first snow 28 October. Here we are 170 days later with another snow. I've lost track, but am thinking somewhere around 20 snows. None big. A lot of 1-3".

No snow at all here this Winter in the Sarasota area!
None last winter either!
Lime tree has lots of little green fruit.

/ Fruit Loss #7  
A brief snow shower today 4-15-2020 in MI here at the 43rd parallel. It's the 5th or 6th time this month.

Morning frost on car windows more mornings than not in the last two weeks. April weather in March gives way to March weather in April.

My daffodils by the porch have bloomed since the weekend. They're barely hanging in there today.

/ Fruit Loss #8  
One year we had a late frost and the trees had buds no apples that year..........

/ Fruit Loss
The peaches seemed to have escaped damage. Don’t know how. Some of the apple blossoms have darkened some. The crepe myrtles took it hard. Blueberries were unscathed.
We have some more cold nights ahead, time will tell.

/ Fruit Loss #10  
I'm getting snow or rain this week hope trees do ok ...........